Barred Holland breed of chickens

Pics
Try shipped from Todd Christopher in Ohio. He's listed on ALBC. He's great and of 12 shipped, 8 were not broken and 6 still hatched. Birds are beautiful and breed standard (I think). And eggs are BRIGHT WHITE from my hens. Hopefully he's still shipping. I got mine last year and it was a great experience after I got over my disgust at the post office ignoring all the Fragile warnings. I think his birds are Gracie May and a line that tracks back to 1940s. I can't say enough great stuff about him.

Try shipped from Todd Christopher in Ohio. He's listed on ALBC. He's great and of 12 shipped, 8 were not broken and 6 still hatched. Birds are beautiful and breed standard (I think). And eggs are BRIGHT WHITE from my hens. Hopefully he's still shipping. I got mine last year and it was a great experience after I got over my disgust at the post office ignoring all the Fragile warnings. I think his birds are Gracie May and a line that tracks back to 1940s. I can't say enough great stuff about him.
Do you have more contact info?

Hello everyone. This is Todd C (Allegany, NY). I am sorry to say that I am no longer breeding Barred Hollands. A neighborhood black bear put me out of business last summer and I do not have the motivation to start over again. I wish all of you the best of luck with your Barred Holland flocks.

I hope the answer is yes...
There is also a Facebook page which seems to garner a bit more attention than this thread. Parish Farmgirl does sell a limited number of hatching eggs each spring.

I was able to hatch my one and only barred holland from her eggs she is a lovely girl who when broody this last year. I plan to order from Ideal this next spring and see if I can get eggs from the couple of breeders around. They are great backyard birds and worthy of keeping going even if they are slower to maturity. Generally calm quiet birds. She was a fierce mother however.

Back
Top Bottom