Barred Langshan Project *Updates*

Unfortunately my project was brought to an abrupt halt once the possums took an interest in my birds. I am still convinced some form of the chupacabra stalked my birds...how a bird can disappear from a locked (with padlock) and doubled chicken and rabbit wire is still beyond me. Only feathers left...

Oh wow, that isn't any fun! I worry about when (rarely is it "if") something will get into my pens. So far (knock wood) only thing we've had get in a a possum, and I dispatched him quickly. We do have coyotes, raccoons and such in the area too. I do have a perimeter alert system, 3 dogs, and a scoped and spotlighted .22 at the ready, but ya never know.

We have a few more chicks hatched last weekend that are showing some white on their new wing feathers, one does appear to have a distinct 'bar' rather than just white tips. Nothing definite though, since sometimes those white tips later go away. So far, the little guy in the pic does seem to be feathering in fully barred. It's kind of piqued my interest now.

Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom