Barred polish info needed! Please help!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by bird sitter, Nov 24, 2012.

1. bird sitter

bird sitter Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm still new to keeping polishes. I have two pullets and one cockerel. My cockerel has been mating non-stop with my barred rock hen and I'd like to know some info about what will come out of that! Please help thanks!

2. bird sitter

Any help here? I even just want info on normal polishes like how many eggs do they lay a week, laying patterns, molting times, mating patterns, all of the colors/patterns, hatching time, etc. Please, someone experienced help me!

3. bird sitter

Anything? :/

4. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Try posting on one of the polish threads

5. Georgia Boy 1970

Georgia Boy 1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

What color is the polish rooster? Male chicks will be barred with a small tassel/crest.[​IMG]

6. bird sitter

He is a black creted black polish bantam.

7. Georgia Boy 1970

Georgia Boy 1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

You will get barred males like the one I posted a pic of.His dad was a toblunt/golden laced polish and his mama was a blue cuckoo/barred olive egger.There were other genes involved and I got several colors in my cross.But with yours barred males and black females.If it was reverse,a barred male mated with white crested or black crested black polish female,all the offspring would be barred.Hope this helps.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by