Barred Rock Chicken Limping

Aug 24, 2023
Petoskey, MI
My Coop
My Coop
Our barred rock Alaska we just found limping around the coop this morning. She seemed energetic and stuff but she was slow and limp. We dont know what the problem is, so please help us if you can!
Also we are pretty sure she isn't eggbound. PLEASE HELP!

Can she use her leg at all?
Will she grip your finger with her toes?
Does messing with her leg bother her?
I would separate her and let her rest her leg. It would be best to have her in a dog crate or something in the coop/run where she can still see her flock mates.

Can she use her leg at all?
Will she grip your finger with her toes?
Does messing with her leg bother her?
I would separate her and let her rest her leg. It would be best to have her in a dog crate or something in the coop/run where she can still see her flock mates.
We gave her a little box and some food and some water. She seems happy and fine but she is resting her leg and just sitting down. Yes she can use her legs, she can move but she has a limp and her toes are curly.

We gave her a little box and some food and some water. She seems happy and fine but she is resting her leg and just sitting down. Yes she can use her legs, she can move but she has a limp and her toes are curly.
Sounds like she injured it somehow, all you can really do is let her rest and give her time to let it heal.
She may take awhile to heal though, leg injuries can take long.

I was thinking about crushing up some vitamin B in her water. Do you think that would help?
I'm not sure if it would help, but its worth a shot.
6 weeks or so ago I had a hen limping, and she still is but not as badly. I gave her some vitamin B to see if it'd help, not sure if it did or not. But like I said, its worth a shot trying it out.

Back
Top Bottom