Barred Rock chicks 1day old

Nattyd

In the Brooder
Mar 11, 2015
Hi there I am new here and would really like your opinions on these 1day old chicks :)
I thought it would be easy to determine there sex as I have read the other post etc but they all look on the fence to me!

chick 1

chick 2

chick 3

chick 4

LL

chick 5

chick 6

Ha I just realized that chick 1 &2 are the same chick! Anyone keen to help me?

Hi everyone! The chicks are now 2weeks old and there feathers are coming through :). Any guesses on there gender would be appreciated!

I would say all cockerels except maybe the third picture, could be a pullet
My barred rocks were easy all the boys had distinct black and white stripes on wings with combs. My female had mostly black with some speckled wings and very little comb. At two weeks some of my cockerels were getting pink in their combs. Usually chicks with a large white spot on head will be cockerels while little to no spot will be pullets.

Thanks heaps for your reply. I definitely think the two with distinct strips on their wings are boys... the others I guess time will tell!
Thanks sgain :)

Hi there, the chicks are now 3 weeks old and I am pretty sure I know their sex... out of 6 chicks I think I only have one roo :). He is bigger,with light legs and feathers and a larger comb. I'll put a pick up so would love any opinions. 

Back
Top Bottom