Barred Rock Cockerel, Zane...Updates

What lovely news! My guess is that Rooster Red is right! All of those white blood cells are infection combatants! Hopefully you drained the last of the infection and that this will be the last of it!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
My prayers for you, your husband, and Zane!
hugs.gif

I just referred the news to mom (jeaucamom) and she thinks that he may have been bitten by a spider. This is because a spider bite would be extrememly painful, would cause swelling, could cause neurological problems, could cause a festering infection/boil, etc etc.
idunno.gif

A spider bite? Well, there are certainly enough of those around here! Whatever it was, I am hopeful that Lee and others are right and that this will be THE turning point in his recovery. He can already walk several steps while flapping his wings to take a little weight off the leg, so maybe, just maybe getting those poisons out of there will make him feel tons better! I'm so hoping to see this boy on his feet again and steady.
fl.gif

Ooooh! A spider bite, that could very well be it. When I was about 19 years old I woke up one morning, painfully & slowly got up out of bed, got my feet on the floor and then couldn't move another muscle, I was frozen in pain. I yelled/cried for my mom, who came in and helped me back down on the bed. I ended up having to be carried out to the car because I couldn't walk I was in so much pain, and when I got to the doctors, they discovered a spider bite by my elbow, it was big and swollen and nasty. I was put on anitbiotics, and it took a few days to recover. I hope that is what it is and you got that nasty infection our and he will back to his normal self!!!

Come on Zaners!!! (((HUGS)))

We'll check that joint tomorrow and see if we need to drain more from it. We got lots and lots of nasty looking stuff out, but it may build some more up before it's all said and done. I'm just glad I noticed it. It was up on the inside of the joint/leg where you couldnt see it unless you turned him practically upside down.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom