Barred Rock Cockerel, Zane...Updates

Quote:
I was going to ask how Zane was doing! And I do think Beefy has a good idea. I use the same remedy with the horses. Do you think you could get him to sit or stand in a mixture of warm water and epsom salt for about 10-15 minutes, twice a day?

You know that spider bite thing makes alot of sense. If you look at what Steff said about not being able to walk, it could have caused Zane to fall off the roost, and be really sick, and not be able to walk, etc.

Sorry I missed this post yesterday, I been keeping ya all in my prayers sounds like they are working. The news of the pus and yuk pocket means ya know what your fighting at least.

I vote spider nasty little 8 leggers can really do the damage.

Here's the latest on Zane. I already told HenHaven to get her opinion, being the nurse that she is, but there was a new thing that happened today while cleaning his wound out and trying to drain more gunk out of his hock area.
We were doing the usual with Zane's joint trying to squeeze some infection out and there were solid pieces of stuff that just popped out of the incision. Some looked like solidified infection like I've seen with bumblefoot, some almost like bone fragments, like slices of bone. We got so much gunk out of there then saw something white that seemed loose, but wouldn't squeeze out, like maybe cartilage. After all that awful stuff came out, and no more infection was coming out, just some blood, we pushed some sulfa and silver cream into the wound and put a pad back and bandaged it up. The fragments were gray with sharp edges, just like bone. Poor, poor Zane! And he never tried to bite me the whole time, even though I know it really hurt.

Back
Top Bottom