Barred Rock / Columbian Wyandotte

Ziphie

Chirping
Apr 24, 2017
They might be a bit too young still, but of these three 2 have me thinking cockerel and I really hope I'm wrong as I will have to re-home them if they are. If it makes a difference I got them from MPC. They are all 3 weeks 2 days.

The first one in question is my one and only Barred Rock. S/he has me constantly second guessing myself. I think deep down I know but am trying to convince myself I'm wrong. Had a semi good defined line/dot on the head but very light legs / feet. Right from the start s/he stood up nice and tall. Now that the feathers are coming in one minute I see black with white and then I see white with black.

The second one in question is one of the two Columbian Wyandottes. One is feathering much slower and has a slightly wider looking comb (which I only just noticed after comparing the pictures). Also has much shorter tail feathers than #2 and wasn't until the last couple days that it caught up with #2 in wing length. Before they were much shorter, maybe half the length of #2. Overall body size and feet/legs are pretty much identical.

If anyone is familiar with either of these breeds I would appreciate your input.

Attachments

• BR1.jpg
    BR1.jpg
    312.6 KB · Views: 26
  • CW001.jpg
    CW001.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 21
  • CW01.jpg
    CW01.jpg
    368 KB · Views: 20
  • CW1.jpg
    CW1.jpg
    313.9 KB · Views: 19
  • CW002.jpg
    CW002.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 21
  • CW02.jpg
    CW02.jpg
    394.7 KB · Views: 20
  • CW2.jpg
    CW2.jpg
    344.7 KB · Views: 20
What I was thinking :(. Kept hoping i was wrong
Hi, I am researching through BYC about Columbian Wyandottes. I have a 4 week old and trying to figure out if it is male or female (suppose to be female), but I don't have another CW to compare it to. Of your two Columbian Wyandottes, did they turn out to be male or female?

Hi, I am researching through BYC about Columbian Wyandottes. I have a 4 week old and trying to figure out if it is male or female (suppose to be female), but I don't have another CW to compare it to. Of your two Columbian Wyandottes, did they turn out to be male or female?
Both ended up being female

Back
Top Bottom