Barred Rock or Dominique?

Here are some pictures of my Dominique Rooster.

Here you can see the rose comb and the V shaped or zig-zag barring of the tail.

I have some Dominique hens and a Barred Rock Hen, but my BR hen is starting to moult right now and the pictures would not be helpful to anyone.

I would say a barred rock mix and it looks like a rooster to me here are some pictures of my barred rock mix rooster when he was young.

these are pictures of my barred rock rooster starting from age 3 to 4 weeks al the way up till yesterday of 15 to 16 weeks. I hope these picture helped.
below is a picture of a saddle feather from him. The point of it is what shows he is a rooster. Hens have rounded feathers. But your chicken may still be too young for these kinds of feathers to be coming in just yet.

I really don't think that is a rooster.

I thought Barred Rock had yellow legs? I'm thinking maybe a Cookoo Marans. Coloring is pretty bright so yes it does look more like a Barred Rock but the leg color isn't right. Not seeing saddle feathers & the bird looks pretty mature age wise.

Shannon
I have a barred rock with dark legs (and dark beak). Her sisters all have completely yellow legs. Hers have lightened a bit over time.

Back
Top Bottom