barred rock or dominique

420chicks

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 26, 2013

any sugeestion isit a rooster or hen thanks im new to hobby and need to figuer out what breed sex and age

can you hear me now?

Songster
11 Years
Jun 18, 2008
Southwest Missouri
Also the lack of rose comb says barred rock. Not sure if this is a good or bad thing but it sure looks like a rooster, I.e. cockerel to me with those tail feathers coming in like that. I was going to say hen otherwise. Hopefully someone proves me wrong.

Last edited:

420chicks

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 26, 2013
Also the lack of rose comb says barred rock. Not sure if this is a good or bad thing but it sure looks like a rooster, I.e. cockerel to me with those tail feathers coming in like that. I was going to say hen otherwise. Hopefully someone proves me wrong.

hoping se was a hen any guess on age will he be crowing soon

Last edited:

donrae

Hopelessly Addicted
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Jun 18, 2010
Southern Oregon
I have the exact same thoughts. It's male and has one barred rock parent but it's not pure barred rock. If it were pure it would be a lot lighter in color, plus the leg color is off. Call him a black sex link cockerel if you need to label him.

420chicks

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 26, 2013
I have the exact same thoughts. It's male and has one barred rock parent but it's not pure barred rock. If it were pure it would be a lot lighter in color, plus the leg color is off. Call him a black sex link cockerel if you need to label him.

thanks for the info you think he will start crowing soon hes making kinda funny noises

Kasey

Chirping
6 Years
Feb 10, 2013
Waco, TX
The color looks like a Barred Rock pullet. I would think at the age range it appears to be it would be crowing by now but I would also think it would be laying if it were a hen, with a comb like that. It will do one or the other soon i'm sure!

420chicks

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 26, 2013
The color looks like a Barred Rock pullet. I would think at the age range it appears to be it would be crowing by now but I would also think it would be laying if it were a hen, with a comb like that. It will do one or the other soon i'm sure!

I know the color make it look like a hen but its so confusing since i boight her as a dominique hen not a rooster lol

MANNA-PRO

Top Bottom