Barred Rock Pictures needed

ToddQ

Songster
Jan 12, 2016
Ellicottville, NY
Hey everyone, Im trying to make a simple little website for selling my barred rock chicks and chickens but I need some awesome cute pictures to put on there. Does anyone have some that I can use please. I tried getting some good pics of mine but with all the snow I have (4ft) they just stay inside and I don't want inside pics of them on display. Also need pics of chicks. I hatched and sold over 250 last year, but never took a single picture. I guess I wasn't thinking ahead. This website will be used strictly for local ordering as I will not ship eggs or live birds. Shipped eggs always seem to turn to mush, and I wont hatch chicks just to have one or two die in transit because of mishandling by postal workers. Im sure you know what I mean. SO can anyone help me with this?

Todd

Hi there.
I am not mean but I think the people,
Who are buying chicks from you would prefer to see pictures
Of your own breeding stock.
You could put pictures up and say they arnt your pictures,
But people seem to think if they are not your pictures you have something to hide
Eg.Quality and condition etc..
If you don't have any pictures of your chicks.
You could just wait until you hatch some,
As it would be better for you.
Here's a link to my website with all pictures of my birds.
http://fionnsfowl.weebly.com/
Goodluck,
Fionn.

Last edited:
Sure I could wait until I have pics of my own chicks, of course breeding season would already be in full swing and likely my website would not be ready to publish.

Im creating the website to make ordering EASIER for my customers which for the last 5 years that I have been hatching are 95% returning customers year in and year out, they know what they are getting. Im trying to create a website that is visually appealing that's it. Easy and appealing.

Pictures from inside the coop in my opinion are the most distasteful there are, and with 4 ft of snow out right now my boys and girls refuse to go out for a photo op...

As origionally posted this is for LOCAL ordering as I do not ship, my customers are always welcome to come by to visit, see the birds, or get advise on theirs.

Are they utility birds? Or are they show birds?
These are absolutely NOT show quality birds. I breed for size and production. While the 4H kids that I donate eggs too every year do well at shows, (I think they all get a ribbon or two) I would not even attempt to call them Show Quality.

goodluck with it,
And make sure to post a link when you have it done.
Thank you.
Fionn.
Definitely will, if I ever get the darn thing done. While Im trying to make things easier for my customers, it makes it a pain in the neck for someone like me that is not very computer minded. Biggest reason on the website it to allow them to order using their credit/debit card. I would rather not mess with that while Im out working with the birds, or in my apple orchard pruning, planting etc.

These are absolutely NOT show quality birds. I breed for size and production. While the 4H kids that I donate eggs too every year do well at shows, (I think they all get a ribbon or two) I would not even attempt to call them Show Quality. 

I could help you out then, although, my birds are still young and don't have their full comb and waddles. They were 15-17 weeks old at the time of my better pictures. Is that okay? When I have a chance, I can post a few pics if you'd like

Honestly, even if you had to add some light inside to make the photos come out, it's truly better to photograph your own birds. I commend you for asking people, though, rather than just taking photos from here or the web! Some would do that. I've had many of my own photos stolen to sell someone else's birds by big time breeders on Ebay and backyarders as well. I always wondered why they would do that if they had the birds advertised anyway. Seemed odd to me. If you have to use photos of someone else's bird for some reason, just note that the photo under the picture that it is a representation of the breed, not your actual stock.

I'm glad the other member asked you about show or utility. I have an old heritage line of BRs, though I did have my original two hens from a hatchery. The heritage line birds are so different as not to even really look much like hatchery BRs. But, they're all great birds, of course. If I bought what I thought were show or good heritage line BRs and ended up with utility types, it would not make me happy, certainly so that was a good question to ask.

I know learning to get things up on the web can be a challenge and take awhile to get comfortable with. I like that you donate eggs-I used to do that to classrooms who hatched for the experience. Best of luck with your sales, Todd.

Back
Top Bottom