Barred rock pullet or cockerel?

LisaChick1

Songster
5 Years
Jul 10, 2014
Carmel Valley
I'm not sure how fast barred rocks combs usually develop but I ordered pullet barred rocks from mcmurray and they are extremely sweet and passive... But to me they look like cockerels!?! They are all about 5 weeks old
1f623.png
1f623.png
1f623.png
1f623.png
1f623.png
1f623.png

Chick 1

Chick 2 looks like a definite boy to me!!

Chick 3

I think my only hope for a pullet is chick 1??
1f623.png

Any other input? So bummed if my pullets are all Roos....

hope not...looks a lot like mine...

You have barred rock "pullets" that look like mine? Let's keep our fingers crossed but man... They all look like the signs of boys to me.... What on earth do you do when you get 3 cockerels and can't have them?

I'd just wait it out a bit. Coloring and legs both say pullets, and at this age I'd expect more comb on a cockerel. I'm thinking pullets, post again in 3-4 weeks and let us see how things are looking then.

I'd just wait it out a bit. Coloring and legs both say pullets, and at this age I'd expect more comb on a cockerel. I'm thinking pullets, post again in 3-4 weeks and let us see how things are looking then.

Nice to hear that there's a chance I've got some ladies. Thank you for the input on the legs and coloring!!!! I'll post pictures in a few weeks

I have barred rocks that are much more developed looking and they look Only a little younger (mine are 6 weeks old) they have good-sized combs and rather thick legs. You can't tell by the leg spurs because hens get little ones anyway.

Back
Top Bottom