Barred Rock, pullets or rooster?

Gosh, what a bummer. I agree they are cockerels. Their combs and wattles are too large and red for 8 weeks old pullets. I'm so sorry.
Thank you! I’m really sad about it, because they are so sweet and I love them…😔
Someone made a comment and wrote “stew pot special” This is not funny to me at all 😔

Thank you! I’m really sad about it, because they are so sweet and I love them…😔
Someone made a comment and wrote “stew pot special” This is not funny to me at all 😔
For most people...it is had to find decent homes for male chickens. No one was/is trying to be ugly.

For most people...it is had to find decent homes for male chickens. No one was/is trying to be ugly.
I really hope I can find good homes for them 🙏 They are all very sweet ❤️
I don’t think someone was trying to be ugly to me with the “stew pot special” comment.
I’m just very sad right now… 😔
I hope I have more luck with my next chickens 🙏

I really hope I can find good homes for them 🙏 They are all very sweet ❤️
I don’t think someone was trying to be ugly to me with the “stew pot special” comment.
I’m just very sad right now… 😔
I hope I have more luck with my next chickens 🙏
Where did you buy these from?

I bought them from a feed store.
The feed store either buys the cheaper all male chicks from the hatchery or they buy straight run...and experienced chicken person bought up the female chicks quickly.

My particular feed store workers are idiots when it comes to chicks. They tell me they buy females only. They lie. I've seen the labeled boxes from the hatchery myself...clearly labeled straight run.

I highly recommend ordering females directly from Ideal Poultry for your next set of birds.
They will hatch out on a Wednesday and be at your local post office early Thursday morning for you to pick up.

The guy who helped me at the store had obviously no idea what he is doing and I didn’t had the experience to see that right away…
So, I realized too late I did a big mistake that day…
I don’t have a good answer for you but I think I have to blame my self… I just didn’t know better…😔
It's ok. No one is blaming you
We are trying to help you learn.

She was asking if the sign on the cage at the feed store advertised them being females or mixed...males and females.

Back
Top Bottom