Barred Rock Pullets?!?

I'm not an expert either.
smile.png
But, they both look like pullets to me based on the dark coloring. Do you have close ups of their heads? If everything looks about the same, size of wattles, size of comb, dark wash on legs, dark overall color, then I think you have pullets. If the one with a pinker comb also has a much larger comb, then you may have a roo.

# 1 BR pullet or roo?

# 2 BR pullet or roo?

# 2 on left

2 ee's 2 rirs 2 slw's 2 silkie/rir cross 1 black sex link an in the back on the left idk its supposed to be a BR roo..

2 EE's which one you think is pullet or roo

2 rirs which one you think is roo or pullet

2 silkie/RIRs cross pullet or roo?

2 silver laced wyondottes can you tell which is pullet or roo?

supposed BR roo?

my baby my black sex link hen...this one i know for sure lol...

maybe all the others be roos but i know this one is gonna be a hen!!!!!

Now that I've seen the photos, I am even less sure!

# 1 BR pullet or roo? That's a lot of white and a prominent comb, so looks more like a roo.

# 2 BR pullet or roo? This one looks darker, but it's probably the lighting.

# 2 on left I don't really see a whole lot of difference here.
idunno.gif

Cute chicks, but it will probably be a couple more weeks before you will know for sure.
Wyandottes are hard to sex until they feather; males are a different color.
For EEs, a male will pink up sooner and will quite often develop rusty red patches of color on the wings.

supposed BR roo? As chicks, BR males are supposed to have a more diffuse, spread out spot on the head. Females generally have a smaller spot with well defined edges. Hard to tell when you don't have a comparison.

my baby my black sex link hen...this one i know for sure lol... Well I sure hope so!!!
big_smile.png
Unless it's the wrong breed!
hide.gif

maybe all the others be roos but i know this one is gonna be a hen!!!!!
Hopefully you will get some better opinions. Wish I could be more help, but think you will have to wait a bit. Hope you post to let us know how it turned out.

Also, you might get a few more responses if you start your own thread rather than adding on to an older one. Sometimes folks look through the new posts. This came up for me because I was subscribed to the original post.

wishing for wings thanks for the info...i liked the idea of getting chicks because you can see the personality that they have but dang aren't they a hand full...

Back
Top Bottom