Barred Rock STILL not laying :(

dsteber

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 13, 2012
My chicks are all the same age (or so I was told). The Barred Rock, RIR, and NHR are Heritage Bloodline. The Blue Lace is not. All 3 are laying well, except for #4--Grace, the BR. She has very little comb and wattles. The blue lace even pecks at her every now and then. Do you think she will ever lay? Take a look at the pics. THANKS!!!

Her comb isn't very large and is not red yet, I'd say she has a little development to do yet. Heritage breeds can take longer to develop, and she is taking her time.

Boy, is she!!!! I figured since the other Heritage's were laying, she would be right there with them!!!

I assume you are talking about the one I thought was a blue lace? I just thought something was wrong with her comb!!!! Never heard of a domonique. Hmm. Thanks!!

No, not the blue laced (although she has a rose comb too), but the barred rock. It may just be the light, but it looks like she has a more flat comb- or rose comb. Like this: (not my pic)

vs this being a barred rock:

Studio_BarredRockHen_1042_b.jpg

There's really not much of a difference, but they might mature differently.

Ohhhh!!! I see now. Thanks!!! Maybe so. I just wish she would start laying!!! They are about 9 months old!!!

Back
Top Bottom