Barred rock x Easter egger?

GiddyUpGo

Chirping
Feb 11, 2021
I posted a photo of this chick when she was five weeks old and kind of looking like a cockerel, some of you may recall …
DBE21C70-5EB6-4C99-9E7A-84CF14BEBF1C.jpeg

She was sold to us as a barred rock but she has double lacing on her chest so is clearly some kind of cross. Here she is today at 18 weeks …
99222D0E-4A98-4053-A41D-91D3236E6108.jpeg

She looks like a hen to me but I know sometimes you can’t tell until they lay an egg.

Then today I found this tiny green egg:
06DFE6BA-3F2D-458D-9F55-7729A4FF1F8E.jpeg

We have two Easter eggers so I don’t know if one of them laid a freak egg or if this is my weird chicken’s egg. We have three other pullets same age but two are California whites and should lay white eggs, the other is a light Brahma and just laid her first brown egg yesterday. So, is this mystery chicken a hen after all and is she an Easter egger x barred rock? Any and all guesses welcome!

I posted a photo of this chick when she was five weeks old and kind of looking like a cockerel, some of you may recall … View attachment 2762856

She was sold to us as a barred rock but she has double lacing on her chest so is clearly some kind of cross. Here she is today at 18 weeks …View attachment 2762857

She looks like a hen to me but I know sometimes you can’t tell until they lay an egg.

Then today I found this tiny green egg:View attachment 2762858

We have two Easter eggers so I don’t know if one of them laid a freak egg or if this is my weird chicken’s egg. We have three other pullets same age but two are California whites and should lay white eggs, the other is a light Brahma and just laid her first brown egg yesterday. So, is this mystery chicken a hen after all and is she an Easter egger x barred rock? Any and all guesses welcome!
She is a pullet. Looks to be a mixed breed also, just not sure whats in there exactly.

She does look a lot like the chicken in that photo! I will say, she’s kept us guessing.

Back
Top Bottom