Barred Rock

Well I was told it was a Barred Rock at the store I got it from and I also got a Maran that was in a separate container
I'm guessing your chick not misplaced in wrong container by an employee, which is a common occurrence especially with chicks that look similar at a few days old. But judging by the feathered legs in your description it's a Marans or Marans hybrid/mix and not a Barred Rock.
You could contact your place you got it from, maybe they will give you a BR chick or 2 for the mix up of not getting what you wanted. They normally are pretty good about that kind of stuff.

Hope you enjoy your little Marans.. I have 19 of them. 🙂

I'm guessing your chick not misplaced in wrong container by an employee, which is a common occurrence especially with chicks that look similar at a few days old. But judging by the feathered legs in your description it's a Marans or Marans hybrid/mix and not a Barred Rock.
You could contact your place you got it from, maybe they will give you a BR chick or 2 for the mix up of not getting what you wanted. They normally are pretty good about that kind of stuff.

Hope you enjoy your little Marans.. I have 19 of them. 🙂
Thank you! Yuh I think a mix up. Do you have any pictures of your Maran s?

Back
Top Bottom