barred rock?

swmommyto3

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 27, 2008
we ordered 12 (got 13) chix last week (all doing great) ordered 4 barred rocks got what looked like 5 now one of them is really standing out as different from the others, she has an all white chest, the others are all black still, has the white spot on head like the others but makes a funny trill noise not a peep. we're wondering if she really is a barred rock or if in giving us an extra one gave us something completely different? any thoughts???

Quote:
I know with black sex-links, the white spot on the head indicates it's a cockeral.

Speckledhen?? is it the same with the barred rocks?? (since that's the female parent line, I'm not sure)

Kathy

Quote:
I've got just 1 BR and she honks, too! I just thought it was her, didn't realize it was a breed characteristic.

Oh great.
lol.png

I have 4 ricocheting off my brooder box as we speak. They're hyper active like I've never seen!!!

Sounds like it could be a barred rock.

I have some mixed chickens, that have the same pattern as Barred Rocks and when they hatch they are all black etcept for a small patch under their beak, but when they feather they change.

Best of Luck
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom