Barred Rocks Good Shepard Poulty Ranch

Another update for you....
Yesterday I was 2 for 2 using the egg carton again!
This makes 2 weeks in a row that I hatched 100% of the eggs that made it to lockdown when using the egg carton.
Chris

This makes 2 weeks in a row that I hatched 100% of the eggs that made it to lockdown when using the egg carton.
Chris

Thats is good news there Chris I hope you've found the answer to your dilemma, LOL remember I told you a while back about the school of hard knocks is how we've learned most of what we know, now. Unfortunate for some things, good for others LOL

Jeff

Chris
Congrats!!! perhaps a positive trend is developing...now we just need some pics....
I have Woeppel's stock of GSBR's and have not hatched any YET
tongue.png

I also ordered 2 dozen eggs. He sent 32. 10 were cracked though.

Sorry to hear about the shipping damage. I wasn't crazy about the way the eggs were packed, but I have seen much worse. Thank goodness he is so generous about extras so you still had a good amount to go into the incubator!

The way it looks right now, 7 of the BR eggs I got from Frank are going to make it into lock down on Tuesday evening along with 10 from his Cornish. I will be using the egg cartons with the BR just in case since I want to maximize their chances.

I have to get a hold of Jeremy and see where I am on his waiting list: He had estimated March when I asked to be put on the list. I may also get more eggs from Frank depending on how my hatch goes later this week.

So, between what I hatch, what I get from Jeremy, and any I can squeeze out of Chris I ought to have a nice little flock of these by fall.

The eggs I ordered from the Duckworth line are supposed to be shipping sometime this or next week. Fingers are crossed for a good hatch on those as well.

Keep us posted!
LOVE mine from Jeremy...I am on his list for BR's too...I just hatched some of his German/good shepherd american cross NH's...excellent hatch and chicks! very anxious to see what you get from Frank and Duckworth's birds. good luck on your hatch...PULLET POWER to you
wink.png

Cindy

I got my first chick from my GSBRs on 2/19! This one was from the first 3 eggs I incubated after putting one of my males in with 3 hens. One egg was infertile, one died part way through incubation, the third one hatched. My next batch of 6 eggs are all fertile and are due to hatch 2/26. My next batch of 8 due to hatch 3/3 are also all fertile!
ya.gif

Does anybody know if these can be sexed by color or how old before they can reliably be sexed? The females should be a bit darker, right?

Back
Top Bottom