Barred Rocks Good Shepard Poulty Ranch

hi, i was wondering how you received all of the awards underneath of your name, i sort of read about them before but I am still unsure

P.S. I love your picture for your account of the chick with the tie
love.gif

hi, i was wondering how you received all of the awards underneath of your name, i sort of read about them before but I am still unsure

P.S. I love your picture for your account of the chick with the tie
love.gif

Fellow BYC folks nominate you and/or the BYC staff chooses you for an award. There's a process. It just happens, in that neither you or I, individually do anything to initiate such a award badge. Hang around, be friendly, greet new people, post intelligently and sooner or later? Folks take notice, I suppose, and you find yourself with an award badge.
smile.png

Last edited:
I have two boys to make a descion on on. I think I have decided. Would love if someone else could share their knowledge. Who do you like better? and why if you do not mind sharing. They are about seven going on eight months old...

Cockerel #1

Cockerel #2

In our experience, there's no great way to judge these cockerels until they are 11 months old. The late bloomers will fool you every time.

I agree esp on this line you're going to be surprised what that scrawny/lanky 2nd bird is going to look like in about 3/4 months from now I know as I was with mine. I had some already in the culling pen for slaughter and missed the date to do it and lo and behold they are still here looking better than my 1 choice(which I sold for $10 just the other day) and right there with 2 and 3. Now I have 4 and 5 to look at again. And I'm not a newbie at looking at chickens for sure, been around them for 40 something odd years just the first time(1st yr.) with the GSBR and other heritage types they ARE a difference for sure.

Jeff

Hi
This is my boy heading this months breeding pens, he was hatched on 7th May last year.
He is treading the pullets well his first batch are all fertile in the incubator now.
Your Rocks are very different to UK Rocks here they mature reasonably quickly, I do like the second one.

Hi
This is my boy heading this months breeding pens, he was hatched on 7th May last year.
He is treading the pullets well his first batch are all fertile in the incubator now.
Your Rocks are very different to UK Rocks here they mature reasonably quickly, I do like the second one.

I know and I like that look too Britrock
thumbsup.gif
you always post up somemorekinda good looking stock on here, got any new pics of the dark one(s) too.

Jeff

Hi Jeff

I have one, he is a different line in my strain, not used him yet but he hatched the same day as the light in the other picture.
Comb needs improvement plus his shape needs some work but otherwise quite a nice boy.

Back
Top Bottom