Barred Rocks!!

Too bad you're so far away- I have a lovely "accidental rooster" that needs a flock
smile.png

Ah, such a shame!

Hm... is it possible to encourage broodiness? I know I can make future generations more broody by only hatching eggs from the broody one.

There is always a chance for broodiness, but you can have BR hens and roosters and then get a breed know for being broody and have that one hatch the eggs

I have what I thought was one but believe she's a mutt. She was a pullet trade for tropicals from a local farmer :)
Shes a faithful layer, even in this heat lol and she's getting HUGE also! I love them. She's the bragger for each girl who lays lol

Last edited:
Do you happen to ask the breeder, or perhaps you know, what line are these birds? Thanks.
If I see him again I will ask as I don't know offhand. I suspect that it is some hard to find rare line or maybe even one of his own breeding as he has a menagerie of exquisitely beautiful exotic birds, plants and animals hidden expertly behind a simple home. If you didn't know what was back there you would never suspect it's a hidden gem. I'm always amazed at what some people can create.

Ok i have three barred rocks all of which i love and they were in the all pullet section at the feed store. Well one looks like a roo instead of a hen. I am not sure though because i am new to barred rocks. If anybody knows it would be really nice to know thanks. He / She is fifteen weeks old

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom