Barred Silkies

well there is already cuckoo, but for a true barred (if there aren't any already) you could probably use a barred cochin, but it would take a while.....
Oooh, maybe I should sell my barred silkiexcochin for that, maybe someone would want the weiner
lol.png

I've been trying to give him away
lol.png
I just have too many roos. Honestly, I don't think the expense of shipping would be worth it. I think shipping plus box would be around $75 +/-
hmm.png

black and white
straight feathered cochin x silkie with a small crest.
Maybe you can wait to see if anyone can tell you if someone is working on barred silkies......

Last edited:
Because of the structure of the silkie feathers, I am not surea barred would be possible. Well if it was possible to breed, I am not sure if you could actually 'see're barring accurately

You could see the barring; it is very obvious on cuckoo. But I don't think you would be able to tell the difference between barred and cuckoo.

The difficulty is getting the skin dark--it takes crossover, which can take a number of generations. Cuckoos are at the point where some have really dark skin.

I doubt shipping and box would be that expensive--$60 max, and depending on how close the purchaser is it could be much less.

Quote:
I have never personally shipped, just going by what I was told.....I am in Maine.....but even still, I don't think he is worth $60
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom