barred wyandotte

Quote:
I thought if you were in the US, I'd bet that hatchery Barred Wyandottes and Dominigues would look similar.
Mitch

http://darrendottes.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=50648398

This
site shows the barred Wyandottes. Remember also that different countries have developed different breeds and strains.

The barred chicks can mostly be distinguished while young, with the pullets being dark and the roos being lighter in overall appearance. The upright stance, the coloring all scream Roo!!!

Quote:
I thought if you were in the US, I'd bet that hatchery Barred Wyandottes and Dominigues would look similar.
Mitch

jus reread my reply came hope i didnt come across rude,i meant it as not sure if knowing i live in england will help with what im after etc.xx

Fred's Hens :

http://darrendottes.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=50648398

This
site shows the barred Wyandottes. Remember also that different countries have developed different breeds and strains.

The barred chicks can mostly be distinguished while young, with the pullets being dark and the roos being lighter in overall appearance. The upright stance, the coloring all scream Roo!!!

see the breeder said the colour doesnt matter as they come in different colours,god im confussed.yeah i had a look on that site,zeebs looks alot like the female hen,but zeebs is alot lighter and has a fluffier bum,xx​

Quote:
Mitch

jus reread my reply came hope i didnt come across rude,i meant it as not sure if knowing i live in england will help with what im after etc.xx

No, not at all. And from the Wyandotte thread (sjarvis00's post), the leg color is also correct for a Dominique. Type is very different between the breeds, so you'll know for sure when she (I still think its a girl) matures.

Quote:

No, not at all. And from the Wyandotte thread (sjarvis00's post), the leg color is also correct for a Dominique. Type is very different between the breeds, so you'll know for sure when she (I still think its a girl) matures.

the breeders adamant its a wyandotte,just seen some pics someone posted for me on another site and zeebs looks like there male,im soooooooooooo hoping for a girl,either way shes not off back to the breeder,if its a boy ill find him a home,someone said on here theyd take him but they live in the us im from the uk,
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom