barrng question?

nstilwater

Chirping
8 Years
Oct 16, 2011
I have a barred rock roo, i know the color diference in purebred barred offspring, my question is i the chicks are of mixed breed but barred from ther father, will the roos still be white with black stripes and the pulllets be more black with white?

Depends on what he's bred with. I have had many BR rooster over Ameraucana hens. The barring is very "ghosty" on both of the sexes, some had very little discernible barring at all. So if you're asking if you can sex the chicks by the barring, I'd say no.

Last edited:
mine bred with a RIR hen. the offspring is dark barred like a barred rock hen would be but the comb and wattles are slightly larger than the rest of the pullets from the same hen, different roo i have a new batch of chicks that are only three days old, there are three chicks abviously fathered by the BR but different moms so i was just wondering, i guess well see huh

A lot depends on the quality of the Barred Rooster and what he was bred to.

Where did you get the Rooster and what type of hen is he bred to?

Chris

he is not that great of quality when it comes to his barring, just a backyard bred roo from a friend, one chick is from a RIR hen, one from a OEG hen and one from a RIR/BO hen

Back
Top Bottom