Bath Time - Size Doesn't Matter?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Matt A NC, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Matt A NC

Matt A NC Overrun With Chickens

Feb 22, 2007
    Morganton, NC
    Odd Couple in Dust Bath

The little one is Cream. She is a Blue Cream Light Brown Dutch Pullet. She just turned a year old, but this pic was taken about 6 weeks ago. Technically she was still a pullet. Her coloring is splotchy, because alot of new feather have come in after surviving a hawk attack 3 months ago. She is from show stock, but I haven't taken the time to really judge her good and bad points. She weighs a hefty 14 ounces.

The Roo is Jerry. He is my very gentle SQ Standard Black Cochin. He is a light 14 pounds. Most Roos I would not trust to not try and mount little Cream. Jerry is a gentlemen and does not to mess with girls that are not his or too small for him. The other 3 Dutch girls go in and out of his lot at will. None of the Cochins pay them any attention.

This was a freerange day, so everyone was out in the 1 acre backyard. I took another pic of Jerry when he got up. There was a 3-4" deep crater under him.

Matt

Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  2. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

THANKS for sharing!! what a good pic!! i love the lil one!

3. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Jack Sprat and his wife!!

I love this shot of them!!!

4. montcapu

montcapu Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2008
    laingsburg, MI
    Quote:good analogy