1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bathing?????

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by ChickChick0811, Jun 7, 2011.

1. ChickChick0811

ChickChick0811 Out Of The Brooder

May 16, 2011
    Ugh one of my pullets is covered in poo [​IMG] What's the best way to bathe? What can I use? I heard iodine, but I have no idea if that is what should be used. Thanks everyone [​IMG]

2. bryan99705

bryan99705 Chillin' With My Peeps

hold their body and wings to stop their flapping and dunk their butts. Maybe get a extra hand to scrub a little. Sounds like you have a bird that is not roosting and is either sleeping on the ground or in a nesting box.

3. wren

wren Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    St Augustine, FL
    No iodine, just a gentle soap. A little bit of dish soap will work. Rinse her off well, use a temp of water that feels good to leave your hands in.

4. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    Just use dishwashing soap or any type of mild soap. Doesn't take much of it. Be prepared to take a bath yourself. Some are pretty calm about it and others just try to flap like mad.

5. ChickChick0811

ChickChick0811 Out Of The Brooder

May 16, 2011
    Thanks everyone and that is exactly what she is doing....lol [​IMG] I hope she cuts it out and starts roosting with the others. Thank you everyone she will be getting a nice bath first thing tomorrow morning [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by