Not open for further replies.

DuckRaiser

Songster
6 Years
Jun 8, 2013
Elmira Oregon
My Coop
My Coop
Anyone have any ideas that would make battery hens suffer no more?:) I have an idea, instead of leghorns they use Jersey giants and give them lots of fat bugs and also, pellets, and a lot of space. Because jersey giants are great for eggs and meat!:D

I think no animal should be suffering, and hey I have Jersey Giants and love them so much...

I think no animal should be suffering, and hey I have Jersey Giants and love them so much...

Yes, and I like jersey giants a lot too:) Think about it, lots of space, great food, and no chemicals. The chickens would live in paradise!:D And people could then buy meat from a store with no guilt!:)

yippiechickie.gif
I agree as long they have a lot space and they get feed a lot of what they like. I spoil mines with a lot of veggies, besides their usual feed.

yippiechickie.gif
I agree as long they have a lot space and they get feed a lot of what they like. I spoil mines with a lot of veggies, besides their usual feed.

I give mine dried corn, seeds, and anything I eat, I also share apples with them, I take one bite...And, they take a few bitesXD

I know, I like chickens because they eat almost everything. My hens, when they hear me I get from work they all run to the door to wait what I'll give them. Where in the world r u located?

I know, I like chickens because they eat almost everything. My hens, when they hear me I get from work they all run to the door to wait what I'll give them. Where in the world r u located?
I live in Kansas and I plan on moving to Oregon soon:). I used to have a mean rooster (I butchered him) but when I had food he would attack me to force me to drop it, he was mean. He tore off one of my hens comes, well, half of it, she's okay, here she is now! she's a sweet bundle of love. Her name is Isabella:)

Any ideas for helping battery hens?

Sure she does look so sweet, its weird that even on animals you can tell by their eyes their personality. No idea how to help battery, what I do whenever I see fighting or pecking each, I scold them (I am sure neighbors might be like what is this crazy one doing talking to his animals
lau.gif
) and they even know when I am not in a good mood.

Sure she does look so sweet, its weird that even on animals you can tell by their eyes their personality. No idea how to help battery, what I do whenever I see fighting or pecking each, I scold them (I am sure neighbors might be like what is this crazy one doing talking to his animals
lau.gif
) and they even know when I am not in a good mood.

Really? Funny!XD I only call my birds either perfect, pretty, sweet, or all at the same time, or I say no to themXD I am a baby when it comes to scolding animalsXD

That is good, but I am always spoiling them a lot as well. So you must be so exited to move to Oregon. I thought for a while to move up there, that state is so nice, beautiful views.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom