Battery Hens?

wow, that was interesting! I am so proud of the City of Tampa which just changed the laws requiring hens enough space to spread their wings.

I bet there are tons of places in Florida that would let you buy ex battery hens.

Keep us posted!

Somebody knows how to get battery hens, because I see them for sale on the Houston Craigslist all the time. I bet they're buying them for a couple of bucks each, because they're selling them for an average of $8.00 each. Anyway, seems the place to start is by calling the egg producers themselves, since they have a continuous supply of hens to dispose of.

Kathy, Bellville TX
www.CountryChickens.com

Quote:
Perhaps. Although it might be just as easy to contact the specific factories and ask if they would donate any of their "spent" hens.

I've seen that one... but it seems like all they do is say how bad a battery hens life is but don't give an opportunity for help... Idk

I live in Indiana, the 3rd largest egg produceing state. I makes us sick to see how these chickens are treated! If any of you are orginizing somthing like the UK does to re-home birds let us know We want to be apart!! We run a small hatchery (local delivery & pickup only, we do not ship chicks, it is cruel!!) and poultry and waterfoul rescue in southern Indiana.

http://sites.google.com/site/hudsonhatchery/chicken-re-homing

Brent
Evansville Poultry
812-454-6518

Quote:
Great idea! I hope your heroic website will help those poor hens. How can I help? (Tongue lolls out, panting, doggie look)

me and my partner rescued 40 from a battery farm 2 days ago here is a photo of the worst looking one this is what happens when you buy cheap chcicken at the supermarket. I was talking to the farmer who said he gets the birds at point of lay all 16000 of them (he said he had paid £55000 for them) keeps them for 12 months for the eggs and then sells them to a company who uses the meat for dog food and microwave meals.

photo-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom