Battery Powered Light

I picked up an amazing LED lantern at Costco when our power company was shutting us all down due to fire danger. Anyway, I decided to put it in the barn because my older girls don't like to put themselves to bed in time to see inside (darker in barn than outside) and end up roosting in all kinds of odd places.
I turn it on in the morning before work, and off when I finally get home. I keep expecting it to be dead when I get home because I started using it in October. Granted, I sometimes forget to turn it on, and don't use it weekends; I also keep it on the lowest setting. But wow - I can't believe how reliable it's been! (Of course, now that I've just sung its praises, it will probably die! ) :)
Edited to add: on its first set of batteries.

I picked up an amazing LED lantern at Costco when our power company was shutting us all down due to fire danger. Anyway, I decided to put it in the barn because my older girls don't like to put themselves to bed in time to see inside (darker in barn than outside) and end up roosting in all kinds of odd places.
I turn it on in the morning before work, and off when I finally get home. I keep expecting it to be dead when I get home because I started using it in October. Granted, I sometimes forget to turn it on, and don't use it weekends; I also keep it on the lowest setting. But wow - I can't believe how reliable it's been! (Of course, now that I've just sung its praises, it will probably die! ) :)
Edited to add: on its first set of batteries.
Are you in California?

For supplemental lighting to stimulate winter laying?
Unless it's on a timer, I wouldn't count on it working.
Duration of lighting works best if it is consistent....and you sure don't want it on 24/7.

I go out there and turn it on just before dusk and then turn it off before I go to bed, so it is consistent and not 24/7

Back
Top Bottom