Bay Area BYCers!

Well obviously I didn't make it to Fresno. SIL is still in the hospital, so may be running back to my daughter's house for a few hours later.

I posted about what's going on on the family forum.

Last edited:
Quote:
PM me I'd love to know more, do you sell it? We are big fans of Dark beer

Most of the time we barter, but sale might be an option... I've never done an expense analysis to price the final product, but I really should.
We generally do IPA's in 40 gallon batches. The darker stuff we do occasionally (seasonal ales, etc.) in 5 gallon batches.
This weekend or next I'll be trying out a new recipe for jalapeno beer.
droolin.gif

I'll certainly PM you when the next batch comes ripe.

Last edited:
Just got a couple of EE pullets.

Wanna peek at them and tell me what you think? THey're hatchery stock but they seem very sweet and healthy. From the same lady where I got my Stella (sicilian buttercup).

Woohoo! They're girls, they're girls! Yay!

So, jeremy and anyone else I've been bugging - I don't need an EE now, cuz I've got two! Woohoo!
wee.gif

yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
OMG Anna I'm so happy for you, your quest for the Easter basket mix is complete.

I LOVE the coloring on the first one!! On my computer screen looks real orangey....maybe it's time to make Mille Fleur Easter eggers!!
smile.png

I've got Mille Fleur on the brain...

I decided not to get them from scbirdfarm for a variety of reasons. I've been talking to a handful of oldtimers and I might have found a strain left. Literally they just don't exist...but that said if anyone knows of a flock, please let me know.

I've ordered 20 from Sandhill/originally ron nelson stock but I'm not sure if they've kept us his good work. I get them in May, so by Fall I should know if I have a viable flock.

My last wheaten marans hatch is BOY crazy! Just vaccinated and inspected last night...out of 11
3 girls, 5 boys

AND I have 3 that were born with coloring on the back and I can't use for breeding but will be perfect TRIO for a backyard flock for someone
2 girls, 1 boy

So the beginnings of the current flock are 6 girls, 5 boys - hope they mature nicely

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom