Bay Area BYCers!

Quote:
I have true Ameraucanas, are you not wanting chicks/pullets anymore?
hmm.png

DH asked me to stop at these this year. (We have 8 now.)

I just want them for the pretty eggs. I'm not going to be breeding (no roo) so don't need purebreds. They should be laying by July so then I can find out what color they lay. If they both lay green (or worse, brown) eggs, I may decide I need a pure Ameraucana to get my blue eggs after all... My only future plans are to get a barred rock someday (blame the Adventures of Barbara for that!), but I'll wait until next year for that and see where my flock is at.

Thank you to everyone who has been helping me get my pretty eggs.

BTW - the Wellies are laying gorgeous eggs. I'll have to get a new picture posted. One of the Dutch Girls laid a 2 3/8oz egg yesterday!

Quote:
I have true Ameraucanas, are you not wanting chicks/pullets anymore?
hmm.png

DH asked me to stop at these this year. (We have 8 now.)

I just want them for the pretty eggs. I'm not going to be breeding (no roo) so don't need purebreds. They should be laying by July so then I can find out what color they lay. If they both lay green (or worse, brown) eggs, I may decide I need a pure Ameraucana to get my blue eggs after all... My only future plans are to get a barred rock someday (blame the Adventures of Barbara for that!), but I'll wait until next year for that and see where my flock is at.

Thank you to everyone who has been helping me get my pretty eggs.

BTW - the Wellies are laying gorgeous eggs. I'll have to get a new picture posted. One of the Dutch Girls laid a 2 3/8oz egg yesterday!

Serious? the dutch girls? I thought they were bantams?

Quote:

Oh gosh no. They're as big as Buffy! They are so totally NOT bantams... They make my Sicilian Buttercup look like a bantam though!

Hey Jeremy - don't forget you promised your first hatch to Anna_B. So you still have eager takers for your gorgeous girls.

(I'm just too impatient... need my instant gratification!
hide.gif
)

Quote:

Oh gosh no. They're as big as Buffy! They are so totally NOT bantams... They make my Sicilian Buttercup look like a bantam though!

Hey Jeremy - don't forget you promised your first hatch to Anna_B. So you still have eager takers for your gorgeous girls.

(I'm just too impatient... need my instant gratification!
hide.gif
)

I am DYING fo new chicks! I really want some blue or black marans, and your americaunas sound lovely! I am breaking down and ordering 8 BLRW chicks from foley's too! I am desperate! There was nothing at the Fresno show.....Darn it.....

I let the girls back outside today and Bridget is acting totally normal. So glad the weather has improved. Overnight, she laid a soft-shelled and then just a few hours ago laid a somewhat normal egg (shell decent thickness, but a bit mottled, and the shape was slightly oblong). So something is going on with her reproductive tract. Hopefully it's just an infection that the antibiotics are taking care of. I'm still a little worried about her, but nowhere near as freaked out as I was before.

She's crying now to be let out of her run because she knows I just got home, but I have to leave again soon. Poor baby.

Thanks for being my support system, everyone.

Quote:
Renee,

Glad to know Bridget is somewhat OK
yippiechickie.gif
... and the weather is cooperating, so she can be outside again! BTW, my Wyandotts always lay oblong eggs ..

Western Farm Center in Santa Rosa has their list of chick deliveries posted, starting around March 12
jumpy.gif
... Larry was looking at his chick order yesterday, as well as his honeybee orders. That place was packed yesterday afternoon - glad people are going there supporting local businesses and not the huge big box pet stores !

On another chicken forum, someone posted that Frizelle-Enos has been bought by some former employees of Rivertown, and they have also bought the feed store in Penngrove. Guess it was time that Tucker officially retired?

28* here this a.m. ...

Quote:
Renee,

Glad to know Bridget is somewhat OK
yippiechickie.gif
... and the weather is cooperating, so she can be outside again! BTW, my Wyandotts always lay oblong eggs ..

Western Farm Center in Santa Rosa has their list of chick deliveries posted, starting around March 12
jumpy.gif
... Larry was looking at his chick order yesterday, as well as his honeybee orders. That place was packed yesterday afternoon - glad people are going there supporting local businesses and not the huge big box pet stores !

On another chicken forum, someone posted that Frizelle-Enos has been bought by some former employees of Rivertown, and they have also bought the feed store in Penngrove. Guess it was time that Tucker officially retired?

28* here this a.m. ...

fyi concord feed got their first shipments last week!

Does anyone think breeding some silver sussex from these girls would be fun! I'm thinking about it, these are both greenfire and my roo (who is at a friends for a project) would make a great trio!!!

41441_ss1.jpg

41441_ss2.jpg

Photo day, don't want to bore you but I'm so thrilled with the way my coronation sussex pen is coming...

I've got 4 roos and 7 hens, still young at 4 - 5 months. But they are huge and gorgeous in my humble opinion! We've got two crowing but no laying yet! I'll be giving up 2 of the roos, just waiting for the youngsters to fill in a bit

41441_coros4.jpg

41441_coros2.jpg

41441_coros1.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom