Bay Area BYCers!

I just lost a whole post. ARGH

Catching up!.... Welcome newbies!

Cheryl: Me, too, millies on the brain. I want to create a MF, booted EEgger! Ha! And I would take 2 SS chicks if you hatch them out around the same time we are getting our John Blehm order???!!!

Jeremy, I pm'ed you??? I can take a guess: Yes! I still want 4 B/W chicks. or YES! You still get first dibs on Dolly if she is not a he! or YES! I would still love to have lunch with whomever wants to at the pick up date... Yes! I am telling Kim that the BCM boy has yellow (arck) legs... How'd I do???
big_smile.png

Daphne: Yes, I heard the same about Frizelle-Enos. And you probably know, but I just found out that http://www.hbfeeds.com/Feed links/conv lay mixes.pdf in Petaluma has an 80# organic feed they mix on premise for $18.95 compared to the $22.95 I've been paying for a 50# bag at WF or Wrights...jeesh.

Anna, Jette and Janneke must love you! Good work!

Dyann, I got an egg each today from the beautiful SS gals! Woot-woot!
yippiechickie.gif
They are fantastic and getting along great with everyone. My Brahma is the only bird of similar size, and they are helping her keep the hooligans in line...

Kim, the BCM boy you wanted has yellow legs.
sad.png
better PM me as you may not want him now, I'll assume.

Whew! It's like catching up when you've missed work!!!
cool.png

Pic for the day: Scoping out the environs...
65263_img-20110219-000381.jpg

Quote:
We're chickie party people so ya gotta hang out with us, so you'll now when the next shindig is.

Actually I think there may be one in the makes.

Guys???

Dawn and Kim, I PMed you both so we could try to figure out how to do the BC Marans swap and to try and convince Kim that she needed to attend our mini chick pick up meet! Though, interest was very low so I'm assuming we are just going to be moving forward with picking the chicks up as they arrive? Sorry, life has been busy and a bit hectic lately, that's why I have yet to respond to either if you. Which leads me to my next crisis...

The Brinsea that I ordered will not be arriving to me until the last week of February. Which is fine with my plans on setting eggs for my beginning of March hatch, however I now am stuck with only one incubator and have to attempt a staggered hatch with the Blue Wheaten eggs that I have in right now! Does anyone have experience doing this? The first day of lockdown is this Friday, then the following 3 days. Any thoughts on how I should proceed?

ETA: Dawn, Dolly has to be a girl! You need to start applying the overdone red lipstick and ample amounts of hairspray (preferable Aquanet) to her now to make sure she knows she's a little girl!
wink.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Jeremy: When is your mini chick pick up meet??? I just might pop in, if possible, to see the peeps???? If you change your mind about the mini meet (you know what I mean) let me know ...

Dawn: We're going to Hunt Beherns today ... will see about their organic mix - usually we just get the regular feed.

I'm still waiting for my two holdouts - Welsummer and cochin to lay!!!

Back
Top Bottom