Bay Area BYCers!

Hi Jeremy,

How are you doing? I'm in Berkeley a lot, taking care of the "grandkids." I think about you as I drive down Shattuck
frow.gif

cross-posting this from the northern CA thread:

wanted to check here to see if anyone's interested in a basque EO and/or isbar cockerel -- Mike (monsterclucker) was going to take them, but he and i are both too busy to make the trip between Redding & Sonoma any time soon -- so i thought i'd check once more here before selling them to Western Farm Supply in Santa Rosa.

it's raining this afternoon, so no pictures today, but they are now 11 weeks (basque) and 9-ish weeks (isbar) and looking great -- here are some recent photos from a couple of weeks ago:

Baby (basque) and the isbar

isbar standing on the left, Baby perched next to him.

please pm me if you're interested! if i haven't heard from anyone in a day or two, they're going to Western Farm...
thanks!

Spent hours out at the ranch today and need to do auctions for all these juveniles!

10+ Jubilee Orpington Cockerels.... 4-7 months old

Tolbunt Polish juveniles, smooth & frizzle, pullets and cockerels!

The Lavender Marans are turning out so pretty and I have an extra rooster so I plan to put in on some black marans hens (getting a few already, but if you have a lead on great ones let me know!)

The Partridge Brahmas are superb, Four gold partridge pairs available! The were created using blues so the thought is that they have recessive blue genes. Many have blue feathers on their feet!

The Mille Fleur Leghorn pens are my pride and joy. The F3s are laying and it's about time to start thinning the pens for what I think is the best of the best. I hope to show these and others in Stockton.
Jubilee Orpingtons are in 3 pens right now with a mix of Marc Sacre & Greenfire lines - no one is laying...a bunch of free loaders!! But I love those fluffy butts!
lau.gif

Tolbunt Polish have 2 pens now with proven breeders and juveniles and will be getting 13 juveniles from Gretchen Bare next week so they'll be in pen #3!!! So exciting to be on the committee and working towards standardizing this breed!

PM me if you need anything! I'll be putting up auctions tomorrow hopefully

The Partridge Brahmas are superb, Four gold partridge pairs available! The were created using blues so the thought is that they have recessive blue genes. Many have blue feathers on their feet!

There is no such thing as a "recessive blue gene", that is if you are talking about Andalusian Blue. (Which is what your Blue Partridge Brahmas are.)

If the gene is present Andalusian Blue will dilute a black bird to blue. It cannot be carried, or hidden by a bird. You cannot have a "Blue split" bird. If the bird is Black it is simply that. If the bird has the Blue gene it will be expressed.

On the other hand if you're talking about Self Blue a.k.a Lavender then yes, you can have a Black bird split to/recessively carrying the Lav gene.

The Lav gene is a completely different gene from the Andalusian Blue gene, they both dilute the color black but they behave differently.

Black X Black = 100% Black
Black X Blue= 50% Black (no Blue gene present), 50% Blue (1 copy of the Blue gene)
Blue X Blue= 50% Blue, 25% Black, 25% Splash (2 copies of the Blue gene)
Black X Splash= 100% Blue
Blue X Splash= 50% Blue, 50% Splash
Splash X Splash= 100% Splash

Hi Jeremy,

How are you doing? I'm in Berkeley a lot, taking care of the "grandkids." I think about you as I drive down Shattuck
frow.gif

Hi Daphne!

I've been good, I'm actually not working in downtown Berkeley anymore, I'm back in Oakland.

I transferred jobs after I stepped down from a management position at work this year, I started school again this semester and needed the time to devote to my studies. Things are crazy right now, I'm finishing mid terms and we're getting ready for the holidays at home. It seems like this year has just flown by!

Hope you are well!
hugs.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom