Bay Area BYCers!

I've been ogling your photos. Theyre stunning birds.
@FoxholeFarm thank you! They're my first foray into bantams. They've got huge personalities for tiny little birds.
tongue.png

The weather is perfect in Oakland today, so I snapped a few more pics.

It's a hard knock life... soaking up the sun, & dust bathing.

I'm falling in love with this little Blue pullet, I need to name her, every day she seems to blossom more & more.

& my Chocolate boy, a bit bleached from all the sunshine we've had this "winter".

Last edited:
I would like to share a of photos of my NH., pullets. They are Walt Leonard, birds. I love these sensible, gentle, Firebirds : )
Lual, they are stunning.
Thank you for your kind comment, Dear Deann! i don't remember if I sent you the photos of your Mr. T's grandson. He is a bit over a year old, and almost 13 pounds. A big, handsome, sensitive boy who has no idea of his size just like Floyd was
1f600.png
I am thrilled with his conformation! Lual

...photos of your Mr. T's grandson. He is a bit over a year old, and almost 13 pounds. A big, handsome, sensitive boy who has no idea of his size...

Pics Lual! :caf

I will take his photos when his tail is grown a bit. He is coming out of molt, and we are looking out of balance with huge, wide chest, and no rear end. Oh, Jeremy, I have a feeling that you might like him
1f603.png

I've been ogling your photos. Theyre stunning birds.
@FoxholeFarm thank you! They're my first foray into bantams. They've got huge personalities for tiny little birds. :p The weather is perfect in Oakland today, so I snapped a few more pics. It's a hard knock life... soaking up the sun, & dust bathing. I'm falling in love with this little Blue pullet, I need to name her, every day she seems to blossom more & more. & my Chocolate boy, a bit bleached from all the sunshine we've had this "winter".
Spoiled, lucky birds! They are gorgeous Jeremy! I love the Blue pullet. What a nice wide shape she has. I am looking at them as if they are LF., and simply lovely!!! How big are they? or perhaps I should say; how tiny? I never saw Bantam Orps., in person. Lual

Spoiled, lucky birds! They are gorgeous Jeremy! I love the Blue pullet. What a nice wide shape she has. I am looking at them as if they are LF., and simply lovely!!!
How big are they? or perhaps I should say; how tiny? I never saw Bantam Orps., in person.

Lual

I like how they resemble LF still Lual, mini versions of the big Orps we both love. The newly imported line that I'm getting this year look even more like LF, just like shrunk down versions, they're exquisite.

These guys are pretty small, they're true bantams, not like some of the middle-sized Chocolate Orps out there. My "biggest" male probably weighs close to 4(ish) pounds? I haven't weighed him since I got him last year. My hens are all 2-3 pounds.

If you were to tip a 5 gallon bucket on it's side, that's about how tall the roosters are, the hens being slightly shorter.
Itty bitty Orps.
love.gif

Spoiled, lucky birds! They are gorgeous Jeremy! I love the Blue pullet. What a nice wide shape she has. I am looking at them as if they are LF., and simply lovely!!!

How big are they? or perhaps I should say; how tiny? I never saw Bantam Orps., in person.

Lual

I like how they resemble LF still Lual, mini versions of the big Orps we both love. The newly imported line that I'm getting this year look even more like LF, just like shrunk down versions, they're exquisite. 

These guys are pretty small, they're true bantams, not like some of the middle-sized Chocolate Orps out there. My "biggest" male probably weighs close to 4(ish) pounds? I haven't weighed him since I got him last year. My hens are all 2-3 pounds. 

If you were to tip a 5 gallon bucket on it's side, that's about how tall the roosters are, the hens being slightly shorter.
Itty bitty Orps. :love  

Ohhh my goodness! they ARE tiny; how adorable
1f60d.png
Actually with your tiny ones, even if I wasn't told that they were Orpingtons, it would be difficult for me to wonder what they were. They are Orpingtons!

I saw number of chocolate Bantam Orp., photos, and was not impressed with what I was seeing. Yours are just beautiful!!! Hmmmmmmm...I am starting to fantasize,,,better get hold of myself...

Lual

Back
Top Bottom