Bay Area BYCers!

Hi, there,

I am a new backyard chicken lover. I am very glad to find this Bay area thread. I have a silkie that just went broody. I figured that it is a lot easier for a mother hen to bring up chicks than I do. So I am trying to get some hatching eggs for her. With a few researches and readings, I am interested in following breeds: cream legbar ( love the feature of auto sexing, seems good for production as well ), black/blue FCM ( like the dark color eggs and darker yolk not sure if it always like that I have a marran which give orange red yolk ) , Jubilee orpingtons( seem fancy and beautiful, not sure about egg production ability though), french bresse. Pure breed preferred, my top goal is still egg though.
tongue.png
If you have one or some of the breed and have eggs for sale, please let me know. Any other recommendation is welcome too. I am in south bay, will see how attractive for me to travel to your place. Thanks a bunch!

Hi, there,

I am a new backyard chicken lover. I am very glad to find this Bay area thread. I have a silkie that just went broody. I figured that it is a lot easier for a mother hen to bring up chicks than I do. So I am trying to get some hatching eggs for her. With a few researches and readings, I am interested in following breeds: cream legbar ( love the feature of auto sexing, seems good for production as well ), black/blue FCM ( like the dark color eggs and darker yolk not sure if it always like that I have a marran which give orange red yolk ) , Jubilee orpingtons( seem fancy and beautiful, not sure about egg production ability though), french bresse. Pure breed preferred, my top goal is still egg though.
tongue.png
If you have one or some of the breed and have eggs for sale, please let me know. Any other recommendation is welcome too. I am in south bay, will see how attractive for me to travel to your place. Thanks a bunch!
Hello,

If you're willing to wait a few weeks I have Cream Legbar Hens. I have a new younger rooster who's just getting to know the girls.
The girls lay blue eggs. I plan to do a test hatch in two weeks. I live in Union City just north of Fremont off 880. Four dollars an egg.

Last edited:
Hi, there,

I am a new backyard chicken lover. I am very glad to find this Bay area thread. I have a silkie that just went broody. I figured that it is a lot easier for a mother hen to bring up chicks than I do. So I am trying to get some hatching eggs for her. With a few researches and readings, I am interested in following breeds: cream legbar ( love the feature of auto sexing, seems good for production as well ), black/blue FCM ( like the dark color eggs and darker yolk not sure if it always like that I have a marran which give orange red yolk ) , Jubilee orpingtons( seem fancy and beautiful, not sure about egg production ability though), french bresse. Pure breed preferred, my top goal is still egg though. :p   If you have one or some of the breed and have eggs for sale, please let me know. Any other recommendation is welcome too. I am in south bay, will see how attractive for me to travel to your place. Thanks a bunch!

Holy crap! Lol. I have jubilees and olive eggers from cream legbar and marans. I'm in the south bay...

How often does that happen?.

Holy crap! Lol. I have jubilees and olive eggers from cream legbar and marans. I'm in the south bay...

How often does that happen?.
Jubilees from cream legbar and marans? maybe I need some education on how that happened, is Jubilee mixed breed? Maybe you can PM me for details.. if works, I can come during the long weekend.

My silkies go breed about every few months. So I may need eggs every few months or so. :)

Hello,

If you're willing to wait a few weeks I have Cream Legbar Hens. I have a new younger rooster who's just getting to know the girls.
The girls lay blue eggs. I plan to do a test hatch in two weeks. I live in Union City just north of Fremont off 880. Four dollars an egg.
Thanks Deborah, I will ping you in PM.

Hi, there,

tongue.png
Hi and Welcome!
I have Splash and Blue Marans, and am in Sonoma County, so just a bit north.

Jeremy, congrats on your pullet laying!

Hi all, anyone interested in this 2 month old bantam orpington cockerel? He is very sweet and gentle.

Started crowing at 6 AM so he has to go now. :)

Does anyone in/nearby/within a half hour's distance of Oakland have a broody hen that they would like to hatch eggs under?

I've got a bunch of bantam Orp eggs collected, I had planned on setting them along with some shipped eggs but the shipped eggs didn't work out, so now I've got a surplus that I don't want to set alone.

I'd be willing to split the resulting chicks with someone, or take them all back if you didn't want them... I do have an incy that I could put them in, I'm just feeling kind of lazy and would rather leave the mothering up to a momma hen.

fl.gif

Last edited:
Hi and Welcome!
I have Splash and Blue Marans, and am in Sonoma County, so just a bit north.
Hi, Dawn, Thanks for the response. By browsing forum history, your marrans seem given very good feedback. I will contact you when I get chance travel north. I am looking forward to get some eggs from you someday.

Back
Top Bottom