Bay Area BYCers!

I'd like to do a (somewhat) local Bay Area one like we've done in the past, I know I've been out of touch with a lot of the old guard that used to frequent this thread and it would be nice to reconnect. I'd love to have you help Kim!
smile.png

The biggest issue is almost always location... location, location, location! We have to find a relatively inexpensive site that can accommodate at least I'd say 30 people that also allows chickens... LOL.

Any ideas anyone?

I'll stick my neck out there and say I'd be willing to host a local Bay Area get together. I'm in Orinda and can host a weekend pot luck do if you're interested. Do I need to host chickens too????

I'd like to make 2 location suggestions although I'm not worried where it would be held. But the San Leandro Marina has a great picnic and park area and then you have Garin Park in Hayward. I've always loved these 2 places. Lots of space. Besides I've always liked the idea of people being able to stop by and hear about chickens. I'm such an enabler. LOL

I'd like to make 2 location suggestions although I'm not worried where it would be held. But the San Leandro Marina has a great picnic and park area and then you have Garin Park in Hayward. I've always loved these 2 places. Lots of space. Besides I've always liked the http://www.freshlyvegetarian.com/20...ack-beans-avocado-and-cuminlime-dressing/idea of people being able to stop by and hear about chickens. I'm such an enabler. LOL

Garin park is a great idea!

I'd like to do a (somewhat) local Bay Area one like we've done in the past, I know I've been out of touch with a lot of the old guard that used to frequent this thread and it would be nice to reconnect. I'd love to have you help Kim!
smile.png
The biggest issue is almost always location... location, location, location! We have to find a relatively inexpensive site that can accommodate at least I'd say 30 people that also allows chickens... LOL. Any ideas anyone?
Ummm we are supposed to bring our chickens?! Do they travel well? Mine are only a few weeks old so I've never thought of taking them anywhere lol

I've been all over traveling with chickens. You just have to make sure you accommadate them for their journey. You don't have to bring chickens, but meetups are great for delivering and picking up orders.

I'm crossing my fingers for you that those kindergarteners will get to see something :). Could you google a hatch on youtube just in case for them? If they do not hatch by day 25, have you heard of the float test? I'm VERY new to incubating and do not pretend to be very knowledgable at all, but if by day 25 or so you are worried nobody's alive in there, one way to check is to float them in still warm water. If they wiggle, they are alive. If they do not, they are not. I'm certain day 20-21 is too early for this drastic of a measure though...again, crossing my fingers for you! Waiting is so hard.

I have an "egg-cam" set up so the kids can watch their every move (or lack of it). Will sit tight tomorrow, and the day after and then I'll probably head off for the chick shop....

I have an "egg-cam" set up so the kids can watch their every move (or lack of it). Will sit tight tomorrow, and the day after and then I'll probably head off for the chick shop....

How is it going Claire??
Gosh I hope you are successful.
fl.gif

We have an incubator going in my sons preschool classroom right now...
The pressure is on when you've got kids involved... ha!
jumpy.gif

Good Luck!!

frow.gif

Last edited:
We are putting our home up for rent. We are also considering lease to own options. Selling April 2015 here is a link to the property, just in case someone you know is looking for something. Have them email or PM me. We'd appreciate your help in finding the right person! THANKS

It is 3 bedroom/2 1/2 baths in the main house PLUS a 700 sq foot in-law/nanny studio with separate entrance (small kitchen and full bath) on about 3/4 of a acre. No roosters allowed!
smile.png

http://www.flickr.com/photos/auntducks/sets/72157633229601396/

We are putting our home up for rent. We are also considering lease to own options. Selling April 2015 here is a link to the property, just in case someone you know is looking for something. Have them email or PM me. We'd appreciate your help in finding the right person! THANKS

It is 3 bedroom/2 1/2 baths in the main house PLUS a 700 sq foot in-law/nanny studio with separate entrance (small kitchen and full bath) on about 3/4 of a acre. No roosters allowed!
smile.png

http://www.flickr.com/photos/auntducks/sets/72157633229601396/

Are you in Lafayette? I can post it on the Lamorinda Moms listserv if you like. There's always people looking for places in the area. Just let me know what schools you are near.

smile.png

The biggest issue is almost always location... location, location, location! We have to find a relatively inexpensive site that can accommodate at least I'd say 30 people that also allows chickens... LOL.

Any ideas anyone?
We could do it here, too, but I am in San Jose, might be too far for some. I can help organize if someone gives me a yell, I love the meet ups!
s

Back
Top Bottom