Bay Area BYCers!

Sure, it will probably go on the property managers website this week as well

we are near Burton Valley Elementary, Stanley Intermediate and they can choose from Acalanes, Campolindo or Miramonte for high schools - some of the best in the country

Is there a chance anyone is traveling from the East Bay to Sacramento/Vacaville/Redding area this week. I have some chickens that need to hitch a ride to PapaBrooder! Please PM me, THANKS

yippiechickie.gif

Good Morning! I am looking for a great home for a bonded pair! Pip is a vocal lil guy- I must be honest! He is darling and very funny :) Abby is a sweet shy gal. I adore the two of them but neighbors in Moraga are very bummed. They are Serrama's!! I have pictures but will need to email. Thanks!! Meg

Oh Moragayogi I wish I could help, but Walnut Creek is just as cold-hearted! I'm crossing my fingers that my Americana chick is just "big-boned"! Your "avatar" is really cute!

I got my "chicken nipples" (now THAT'S an oxymoron if I ever heard one! ;-) ) today. I got a big plastic bucket from Safeway this weekend that I will try screwing a couple into. Are there any tricks you "eggspurts" might suggest to get them to use it?

Thanks

Dave

Oh Moragayogi I wish I could help, but Walnut Creek is just as cold-hearted! I'm crossing my fingers that my Americana chick is just "big-boned"! Your "avatar" is really cute!

I got my "chicken nipples" (now THAT'S an oxymoron if I ever heard one! ;-) ) today. I got a big plastic bucket from Safeway this weekend that I will try screwing a couple into. Are there any tricks you "eggspurts" might suggest to get them to use it?

Thanks

Dave
I have gotten 3 of those buckets in 3 years. Kicker is my daughter is a store manager. I get "Sorry mom, can't play favorites." Favorites?? How many people are snatching those things up? I told her that was OK, I'd try Walmart. I thought she'd explode. LOL Instead I have to buy them at HD and Lowe's. I can't even get close to buying from Safeway, and the bakery sells them because they are so in demand.

I'm doing my very first hatch. I'm almost at the end of day 20 and no sign of anything happening. I turned off the egg turner a couple of days ago and upped the humidity - currently running at 60% humidity and 99.5 degrees. Does that sound OK? Should I have taken the eggs out of the turner or is it ok to just leave them in it? Also, is it too late to candle? I haven't done it as yet but I don't want to ruin the chicks chances by doing it now if it's dangerous for them.
I'll be really disappointed if I don't get a single chick, but worse, I have 20 kindergartners coming over tomorrow (at the end of day 21) and it'll be tragic if they don't see any action.
Any updates on this??? I am just catching up on this thread and hope you had success!!!
fl.gif

I am in Fremont! And a new chick parent. I'd love to meet other Bay Area chicken people, so when is the chicken meet? I just got two chicks from close feed in Hayward. Close feed is my favorite store, but my chicks seem to like mikes feed better for food.
welcome-byc.gif
This is the place to be for chicken-friendly folks! Welcome!

And woo hoo for a meetup! This will be my first chicken meetup and I'm already so excited to meet everyone and talk chickens!
wee.gif
D.gif

I have gotten 3 of those buckets in 3 years. Kicker is my daughter is a store manager. I get "Sorry mom, can't play favorites." Favorites?? How many people are snatching those things up? I told her that was OK, I'd try Walmart. I thought she'd explode. LOL Instead I have to buy them at HD and Lowe's. I can't even get close to buying from Safeway, and the bakery sells them because they are so in demand.

HaHa! Next time you are here in the East Bay just ask at a Safeway bakery. The gal at the Pleasant Hill SW came out with a stack of 6-7 and tried to get me to take them all! Maybe they just feel sorry for me! [grin]

HaHa! Next time you are here in the East Bay just ask at a Safeway bakery. The gal at the Pleasant Hill SW came out with a stack of 6-7 and tried to get me to take them all! Maybe they just feel sorry for me! [grin]
Out here there's a waiting list. My daughter's store is a big one, ut lots of farms out ths way and I think BYC was one reason eveyone runs to them. LOL

we get buckets and these wonderful long baskets that are like double milk crates ( used for tomatillios) from this place called BEST MARKET ( yes all in caps they even shout the name inside) down the street from us. I think me raiding the garbage makes everyone laugh. I have guys from inside run out and offer me lids when I grab buckets, lol.

Back
Top Bottom