Bay Area BYCers!

Your babies are just too cute! The color of the eggs on your avatar is lovely. Are the eggs noticeably lavender in person?
That's the color these were. No flash, just indoor lighting. I get them in different shades, but yes, they are just as lavender in person.

I'm going out to find areas to put some more broodies tonight. I have a ton of AM eggs I need hatched. Wish me luck!!

That's the color these were. No flash, just indoor lighting. I get them in different shades, but yes, they are just as lavender in person.

I'm going out to find areas to put some more broodies tonight. I have a ton of AM eggs I need hatched. Wish me luck!!
Wrong, these were taken out on my porch with no flash.

Wow, Huge thread. Unable to read all the way through it so far. AWESOME! Very happy to see so many interested people in the area. I have several noobie questions but don't want to cause spam or repetitive stuff here. Just happy to see so many people involved.
My wife and I have started discussing keeping some laying chickens. We are starting a raised planter vegetable garden in our front yard as our backyard has limited sunlight. I was on the ALBC site and between them and Mypetchicken site was thinking on getting some Australorps. Would it be better to have a variety of chickens or stick with a single breed.
Sadly, we cannot have any roosters in San Jose, so figured breeding was out of the picture?

welcome-byc.gif

I think you'll want one of everything... but then again-- that's just me. he he
wink.png

Good Luck and Have fun!
frow.gif

DaveSteph: Nice coop picture in your Avatar. Do you have a link or set of plans for that? I am quite handy and will be building my own.

Thanks! No we found the picture on the web. Being the crafty sort we wanted to make it a bit bigger so we could stand up inside (dave's 6'3"), and have window in it for the girls etc. So....we projected the image onto a large wall at the university where D works and drew up the size we wanted from their of the frame. D took to the shop and is going to work making the frame....it's a little tricky to being an arc- pieces need to be fashioned together cause we won't be bending the wood like I'm sure the company that made the pic one did. anyway ....will happily post pics when we get it finished.....goal is on the ground w/chickens next spring! We are moving ...selling house etc so lots to do.
Nice to meet you.
Steph

Ahh, that is a shame, I guess I will have to draw one myself :). Actually, I have shed design that will work brilliant for the arches. We use 4'x8' plywood and cut it on a CNC router table. Do you think plywood is okay to use for this? If so, I have a very nice design indeed.

Ahh, that is a shame, I guess I will have to draw one myself :). Actually, I have shed design that will work brilliant for the arches. We use 4'x8' plywood and cut it on a CNC router table. Do you think plywood is okay to use for this? If so, I have a very nice design indeed.
Oohhh, this sounds awesome! I can't wait to see the pics!

Back
Top Bottom