Bay Area BYCers!

[COLOR=000000]Would anyone be interested in a Bay Area get together this summer?[/COLOR] :frow
Hi Jeremy ... Yes, I would be interested in a Bay Area meet up ! Perhaps at the same place where you organized it - ???? You might be interested in coming to the event below: Analy Vet Hospital, chicken vet, Dr. Jessica Baldwin of Sebastopol, is organizing a meet up on Sunday, May 18 at Shone Farm (part of the Santa Rosa JC Ag program) in Forestville, a few miles west of Santa Rosa. Here's her post from the Wine County Chicken Group: Hello all! Save the date if you want to go to the 2014 SPRING FLING. It will be Sunday May 18th, at the SRJC Shone Farm again. At this point I do not have many (any) details other than the date and location. Dr Dan will be doing most of the organizing, and likely the event will have a similar set up. Several speakers and demos--- and a potluck for the CCC folks. I will be relaying info as I get it, and closer to the date will be putting out the help call for people to come early and/or stay late to help Dr Dan put out chairs & signs ect. Also a potluck sign up list :) Best wishes, and hope to see all 600+ of you there! For those of you that did not attend last year- we had a yummy potluck, a french chef demo on fancy meat preparation, necropsy demo from a Dr from CAHFS, infectious disease talk from UCD poultry extension, a beautiful egg contest (biggest, smallest, bluest, spottiest, darkest ect), and a tour of the SRJC chicken coops. Jess

Hello! I'm new to BYC but after looking around online for awhile I think you guys might be just the resource I need. I'm looking to purchase hatching eggs for a few different bantam breeds, specifically white silkies, ameraucanas , Easter eggers and brahmas. I would really like to find a reliable source close by that I can drive to, I live in the bay area, but if there's a reputable and reasonably priced option that ships I'm open to that as well.I've had back yard chickens before and I currently have a large variety of other birds so I am extremely hesitant to introduce chicks that I haven't hatched myself. Thoughts? Suggestions? I appreciate any advice you can provide!

Hi AnyoneCA!
frow.gif
Someone on this thread might have what you're looking for. If you don't get a response, try California - Northern

Hello! I'm new to BYC but after looking around online for awhile I think you guys might be just the resource I need. I'm looking to purchase hatching eggs for a few different bantam breeds, specifically white silkies, ameraucanas , Easter eggers and brahmas. I would really like to find a reliable source close by that I can drive to, I live in the bay area, but if there's a reputable and reasonably priced option that ships I'm open to that as well.I've had back yard chickens before and I currently have a large variety of other birds so I am extremely hesitant to introduce chicks that I haven't hatched myself. Thoughts? Suggestions? I appreciate any advice you can provide!

Hey! Welcome. I have silkies and silkie showgirls but my boys are jumping the fence right now so color is not consistant. There is a chance of white silkie showgirls but not white silkies. The silkies are bbs and partridge. I don't know anyone who has bantam ams or bantam brahamas. Lf of both but not bantams. I have serema and marans and bresse but not on your list :b.

Good luck finding your perfect egglits you useing an incubator or waiting for broody hen?

Hi Jeremy ...

Yes, I would be interested in a Bay Area meet up ! Perhaps at the same place where you organized it - ????

You might be interested in coming to the event below:

Analy Vet Hospital, chicken vet, Dr. Jessica Baldwin of Sebastopol, is organizing a meet up on Sunday, May 18 at Shone Farm (part of the Santa Rosa JC Ag program) in Forestville, a few miles west of Santa Rosa. Here's her post from the Wine County Chicken Group:

Hello all! Save the date if you want to go to the 2014 SPRING FLING. It will be Sunday May 18th, at the SRJC Shone Farm again. At this point I do not have many (any) details other than the date and location. Dr Dan will be doing most of the organizing, and likely the event will have a similar set up. Several speakers and demos--- and a potluck for the CCC folks. I will be relaying info as I get it, and closer to the date will be putting out the help call for people to come early and/or stay late to help Dr Dan put out chairs & signs ect. Also a potluck sign up list
smile.png
Best wishes, and hope to see all 600+ of you there!

For those of you that did not attend last year- we had a yummy potluck, a french chef demo on fancy meat preparation, necropsy demo from a Dr from CAHFS, infectious disease talk from UCD poultry extension, a beautiful egg contest (biggest, smallest, bluest, spottiest, darkest ect), and a tour of the SRJC chicken coops.

Jess
awwww That's the same day as the one in Turlock at Karen's
sad.png

I have white Silkies, but chiqita is more the Silkie person you may want. I have bantam AMs, black over black and Lavender. I also have black over chocolate, but won't be selling any eggs until I have a bunch out for myself. EEs may be possible though. Let me see what I could move into that first pen of AMs.

Back
Top Bottom