Bay Area BYCers!

Would anyone be interested in a Bay Area get together this summer?
frow.gif

YES! I want to hold one in the Fremont/Union City/Newark/Milpitas area for people who aren't in a position to head for the East Bay. There is a family friendly restaurant with a backroom that isn't actually completely separate that can be reserved in whole or in part depending on the number who RSVP.
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif

YES! I want to hold one in the Fremont/Union City/Newark/Milpitas area for people who aren't in a position to head for the East Bay. There is a family friendly restaurant with a backroom that isn't actually completely separate that can be reserved in whole or in part depending on the number who RSVP.
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
This sounds like something I could attend. Is this just a meetup? Or will there be a swap too? Would be great to get some swaps.

and .....
love.gif

Subject: [chickenchatcoop] Egg Rainbow for the SPRING FLING 2014

Hello all! There will be an egg rainbow at the spring fling. Dr Dan wants to make a long term preserved egg rainbow- with several FLATS of eggs.

I am putting out a general call for egg donations- (a plea!) anyone within easy driving distance of either Analy Veterinary Hospital in Sebastopol (Dr Jess Baldwin) or Heritage Veterinary Hospital in Santa Rosa (Dr Dan Famini). Please drop off from 6-24 (or more if you have bountiful chickens) eggs in the next month of the widest range of color you can provide. They will become a permanent teaching piece at the SRJC. Please do me the favor of blowing them out prior- so I won't have to blow out 100s of eggs..... We need white eggs, light brown, med brown, dark brown, blue, green, olive ect.

thank you !!!! Jess

California Wine Country Chicken Chat

Wow! I would love to see the result of this egg rainbow! It's a bit far for me though.

Does anyone here have Bielefelders? I'm in love with them!
~~I have two Bielefelders. They are 8 weeks old and such great birds. Very friendly to both people and the other chicks. I added a chick two weeks younger last week and one of the Bielefelders took it under it's wing just like a mother hen would. I'm interested to see how big they get, they sure eat a lot. :)

~~I have two Bielefelders. They are 8 weeks old and such great birds. Very friendly to both people and the other chicks. I added a chick two weeks younger last week and one of the Bielefelders took it under it's wing just like a mother hen would. I'm interested to see how big they get, they sure eat a lot. :)

I have just recently been looking into Bielefelders myself. I love the color & pattern but don't know enough about them yet. I was thinking of trying hatching eggs which I am convinced don't do well so would approach it like an experiment.

I have just recently been looking into Bielefelders myself. I love the color & pattern but don't know enough about them yet. I was thinking of trying hatching eggs which I am convinced don't do well so would approach it like an experiment.

I plan to cross mine to my Cream Legbar Roo this fall or early next spring. Their eggs are larger so I hope they will fit in the auto turner. :) From what I've been reading the only flaw is they eat a lot and are very large birds. Even now I see them being very gentle and friendly. One will hope in my lap without treats. I'll try to get some pictures and post. I'm new to the site but should be able to figure it out. Unlike my CL hens they are cookie cutter images of each other. One may be a little bigger. The only way I can tell the difference is the one hopping in my lap every time I sit down (or they could be taking turns). :)

Back
Top Bottom