Bay Area BYCers!

Cream Legbar Event in Novato CA May 17th

Hi everyone,

I would like to invite Cream Legbar owners/breeders to an event in Novato (my house) on May 17th at 10am. Walt Leonard (Judge and Standard Revision Committee Chair Person) will be here to evaluate for type. Our goal for the event is to help breeder breed toward the SOP.

To attend we request that you own Cream Legbars. We encourage people to bring 1 of more of their birds to be evaluated. Please provide your own cage or carrier for evaluation purposed. Birds must be in good health.

This is a FREE event but registration is required. Please register on the Cream Legbar Club website at:
http://www.creamlegbarclub.com/40-california-cream-legbar-event---may-17-2014

Feel free to PM me with questions,

Deann DaSilva
http://www.justruttinfarm.com
I'd love to attend but my daughter has plans later that day. Is there a way we can send pictures or vidio conference by Skype to get my chicks evaluated?
Deborah

Cream Legbar Event in Novato CA May 17th

Hi everyone,

I would like to invite Cream Legbar owners/breeders to an event in Novato (my house) on May 17th at 10am. Walt Leonard (Judge and Standard Revision Committee Chair Person) will be here to evaluate for type. Our goal for the event is to help breeder breed toward the SOP.

To attend we request that you own Cream Legbars. We encourage people to bring 1 of more of their birds to be evaluated. Please provide your own cage or carrier for evaluation purposed. Birds must be in good health.

This is a FREE event but registration is required. Please register on the Cream Legbar Club website at:
http://www.creamlegbarclub.com/40-california-cream-legbar-event---may-17-2014

Feel free to PM me with questions,

Deann DaSilva
http://www.justruttinfarm.com

I will do my best to be there! although am driving home from Santa Barbara the day before...

Just a quick reminder to those of you in the East Bay area: Concord Feed is having their annual 20% off everything sale today! I was able to pick up King Freedom GMO free layer feed for $18.39/50 lb bag and starter for $19.59/50 lb bag.

Hi guys! Does anyone have an incubator I could borrow, or space available?

I'm getting bantam Orpington eggs soon and my incy went kaput last fall...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
smile.png

Hi guys! Does anyone have an incubator I could borrow, or space available?

I'm getting bantam Orpington eggs soon and my incy went kaput last fall...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
smile.png

I'm in Newark. I have one you could borrow - but you have to promise to disinfect it before you return it.

I'm not sure, but you might be the Jeremy in Oakland I originally got it from.
smile.png

I'm in Newark. I have one you could borrow - but you have to promise to disinfect it before you return it.

I'm not sure, but you might be the Jeremy in Oakland I originally got it from.
smile.png

Newark is out by Fremont, right?

I know I sold a few last year, or the year before... was it to you? LOL.

Which incubator do you have?

Hello everyone!! I live in Antioch, I'm so happy i found this thread. My family and i have had chickens for about a year now and we are having a blast. Although this year being our first hatching experience it was very stressful. We successfully hatched 6 out of 6 eggs. But, 5 were Roos! We are looking to add more ladies to our happy family lovingly dubbed "The Breakfast Club". Anyone have and LF Buff Brahmas for sale? I do have Chocolate Bantam Orpington Roos to trade.
lol.png

Hello everyone!! I live in Antioch, I'm so happy i found this thread. My family and i have had chickens for about a year now and we are having a blast. Although this year being our first hatching experience it was very stressful. We successfully hatched 6 out of 6 eggs. But, 5 were Roos! We are looking to add more ladies to our happy family lovingly dubbed "The Breakfast Club". Anyone have and LF Buff Brahmas for sale? I do have Chocolate Bantam Orpington Roos to trade.
lol.png

Welcome Ladybug,.................. So glad you are enjoying your chicken experience. You may have some trouble getting takers on your offer. We all end up with more roosters than we need so many have to go to the soup pot or given away. There are many people here that live in city limits that do not allow roosters & many others that may be able to have roosters but have their pick of 1 out of many to chose from when they only need one for several hens. I usually take most of my extra roosters to the auction & get little for them compared to what they are worth. But when I don't want to go through the trouble of processing it is an easy out.
Good luck. If it's any encouragement 5 out of 6 is not the norm. You had a bad first hatch percentage but can look forward to better odds.

Back
Top Bottom