Bay Area BYCers!

Thanks for the tips. I wish I could give her some eggs to hatch but this is just not a good time for that. I am (gently) booting her off the nest despite her fluffing and curses, but I am getting worried about her eating and drinking. Despite her grumpiness, she is a very sweet girl. I try to boost her several times a day so that she at least gets something to drink.

Bay Area here!
smile.png
Popping in!

Welcome! Hey, I was driving up 880 yesterday and I saw a sign from the freeway that said Live Poultry. I believe it was in Oakland. Anyone seen that place? What is it?

Ohhhhh I think you mean Sabas? Saba Live Poultry, it's a live halal meat shop, you go there and pick whatever bird you want and they slaughter it for you. All kinds of ducks, chickens, geese, and others.

I was just at Pollinate today, they had 2 bins of chicks, some that looked to be about a month old and another that was full of day old babies.
smile.png

I was just at Pollinate today, they had 2 bins of chicks, some that looked to be about a month old and another that was full of day old babies.
smile.png
They get their shipments in every Friday! Wow I might have just missed you I was there today too! I need to go in and get two more chicks I think, we just lost two of out Marans to our giant Anatolian Shepard. (They don't carry Marans, I'm not sure what I would replace them with, any ideas?)

East Oakland, 76th in the Mills. We have a bit of a homestead going on half an acre. (Sheep to come!!)

Back
Top Bottom