Bay Area BYCers!

Just a reminder... come visit other backyard coops in the Silicon Valley area!
The Third annual Silicon Valley Tour de Coop, a free, self-guided bicycle tour of chicken coops, gardens, bee hives, hoop houses, and coolest Silicon Valley urban homesteads, is happening this Sunday, September 21, 2014 from 9 AM to 4 PM.
This year’s coop tour is being sponsored by Slow Food South Bay, local chapter of Slow Food USA.
Go to www.tourdecoop.org for more information.

It's a bad time of year to be rehoming cockerels. Hopefully someone in northern CA or even the SF Bay Area is interested in this beautiful and sweet boy. He is free to a good home before he crows. Once he gets noisey we will have to eat him. There's a listing for him now:
Click here

Just a reminder... come visit other backyard coops in the Silicon Valley area!
The Third annual Silicon Valley Tour de Coop, a free, self-guided bicycle tour of chicken coops, gardens, bee hives, hoop houses, and coolest Silicon Valley urban homesteads, is happening this Sunday, September 21, 2014 from 9 AM to 4 PM.
This year’s coop tour is being sponsored by Slow Food South Bay, local chapter of Slow Food USA.
Go to www.tourdecoop.org for more information.

It was a fun tour. We met a Lavendar Orpington and were surrounded by bantam Polish. We saw a coop that is in the progress of being built that was architecturally interesting. We had fun.

Anyone else think we need a Back Bay Coop Tour for Fremont, Newark, Hayward, Oaktown, Berkeley, Albany, Milpitas, etc? I communicated with the coop tour host, and he said the Tour de Coop is "limited to Silicon Valley", by which he means the Peninsula and SJ. So, maybe we should set up one over here?

Last edited:
Yesterday, Walt Leonard gave a talk at the Santa Rosa, Ca., show about showing birds, how they are judged, as well as feather quality, and conformation. We were able to ask questions, and he replied to each and everyone graciously. It was a great, very interesting, captivating, and educational experience for all who have attended. Thank you, Walt!!

Lual

I wish I could have been there. He has Egyptian Geese, too, right?

[quote
Waltte name="The Yakima Kid" url="/t/292725/bay-area-bycers/9480#post_14122664"]
I wish I could have been there. He has Egyptian Geese, too, right?
[/quote]
I do.

Walt

Last edited:
It was a fun tour. We met a Lavendar Orpington and were surrounded by bantam Polish. We saw a coop that is in the progress of being built that was architecturally interesting. We had fun.

Anyone else think we need a Back Bay Coop Tour for Fremont, Newark, Hayward, Oaktown, Berkeley, Albany, Milpitas, etc? I communicated with the coop tour host, and he said the Tour de Coop is "limited to Silicon Valley", by which he means the Peninsula and SJ. So, maybe we should set up one over here?

Hmm... It's interesting you heard that. I thought I heard that as long as you could get enough people in a close enough cluster, you could host too. But maybe it was because this year was sponsored by Slow Food South Bay?

In any case, I encourage an East Bay tour! It seems there are plenty of people with chickens out that way!

Back
Top Bottom