Bay Area BYCers!

We are moving in 3 weeks and need to sell the following items:

1 Set of Grow out pens / coops
1 Model 200 Drum Incubator

See photos below and PM me I am also putting this into the classifieds section. We are located in Vacaville, CA

The Egyptians are pretty birds. I will be at all the California shows and usually available to talk one to one. The next one will be at Paso Robles 10/4. Utility birds are great but once you see the show birds it is pretty hard to go back. Most have utility and beauty.

Walt

I hope to get the opportunity to meet you. The Egyptian goose at the show was the most beautiful, exotic domestic bird I had ever seen. (I'm just not into peacocks, don't ask me why.) It looked exactly like the old Egyptian paintings.

I hope to get the opportunity to meet you. The Egyptian goose at the show was the most beautiful, exotic domestic bird I had ever seen. (I'm just not into peacocks, don't ask me why.) It looked exactly like the old Egyptian paintings.
Thanks. I have raised Egyptian geese for 40 years. They are beautiful, but they don't play well together.

Walt

Thanks. I have raised Egyptian geese for 40 years. They are beautiful, but they don't play well together.

Walt

Just because they're beautiful, it doesn't make them fun to be around.
hit.gif

But I do enjoy admiring their beauty and grace.

I'm afraid that a coop of Leghorns was too much excitement for me - and that was when I was in high school.

Hello: I had a lovely hen peering in my window last evening, just before dusk. I put her in my garage on a ladder to roost and kept the lights off. Had to leave early this morning before dawn & took her to animal shelter.
There was no answer at the drop off bell. I was about to take her back home but something stopped me and I left her at the front door with a note where she was found.
I hope that the owner is on this site and sees this. It was posted on local Nextdoor site. I couldn't just keep her in the garage, and need to use it. She was in a neighbor's yard in the afternoon and he couldn't catch her. I feared she would fly somewhere inaccessible in the garage after it got light (garage has windows)

Light red/orange color. We had chickens when I was a kid but don't remember much about breeds. She may be Rhode Island Red.

Hope one day to have backyard chickens, but don't have any facilities now. Hope she is OK and if she doesn't get back with her flock, she can find a new one. Maybe with one of the San Jose chicken keepers here. She's at the shelter on Monterey Road. They open at 11am, hopefully staff gets there earlier and tends to her. She wouldn't drink any water but I crumbled up a breakfast biscuit & she seemed to like it. Still, not the best way for her to spend the morning

Last edited:
Aren't they an halal shop? Islam requires that animals being killed be treated as kindly and with as much respect as possible. Even the prayer said over the animals is a mark of respect - generally a prayer begins with the Bismillah, a  reference to God the most Gracious and most Merciful. Since the animal is being killed, to include a reference to God's mercy would almost be ridiculing the very real pain and loss of life of the animal, and so the prayer only references that God is Greater.

It seems most halal slaughterers are of the opinion that the purchaser has the right to watch if they desire, if only to be sure the slaughter is conducted properly. Indeed, most of those raising halal meat are quite willing to have you inspect their farm as long as you are willing to comply with biosecurity.

They are. I was very pleased with them except they didnt give me gonads that are quite popular at our house. They scalded the feet and head and cleaned the gizzard. I was able to make the thickened down stock I cant remember the name of with the non traditional eating parts from the ducks and rendered fat from the extra skin that I don't get if I slaughter. The feet gelled it perfectly and I have been using it in icecubes.

If you like rooster comb (I did not know it was a thing ! ) those were scalded and cleaned as well.

I will be taking all my ducks there from now on.

Sausalito flock here ;) anyone out our way ?

We are in san jose but I work in novato and I see a lot of chickens In salsalito!

Quote: If you specifically request it, they will give you everything. I did because I like to check the crop and gizzard to see what they were eating, and whatever I dont eat can be fed to the dogs. I was able to take home every part of the birds except feathers because those are hosed into a big communal bin by the plucker.

If you specifically request it, they will give you everything. I did because I like to check the crop and gizzard to see what they were eating, and whatever I dont eat can be fed to the dogs. I was able to take home every part of the birds except feathers because those are hosed into a big communal bin by the plucker. 

I did but those did not come. Think they are not usual.

Back
Top Bottom