Bay Area BYCers!

It is unfair to be this cute and adorable
love.gif

I wanted to share some photos of my chicks who were bred, and hatched by "chickee". It is always a deep pleasure to purchase chicks from chickee/Candy, who is a very lovely Lady. As before, I am simply in awe of how beautiful and healthy these babies are. Well, needless to say, I took off 2 days from my work to be able to just sit there and watch them in awe. They are W&BW Ameraucanas, and GCM. Their ages are 1,2,and 3 wks. old. Thank you very much Candy, for these gorgeous chicks
hugs.gif

Lual

It is unfair to be this cute and adorable
love.gif

I wanted to share some photos of my chicks who were bred, and hatched by "chickee". It is always a deep pleasure to purchase chicks from chickee/Candy, who is a very lovely Lady. As before, I am simply in awe of how beautiful and healthy these babies are. Well, needless to say, I took off 2 days from my work to be able to just sit there and watch them in awe. They are W&BW Ameraucanas, and GCM. Their ages are 1,2,and 3 wks. old. Thank you very much Candy, for these gorgeous chicks
hugs.gif

Lual

Oh how I miss those fluffy little faces! I can't wait for my first chicks to hatch!

I'm also missing my Ameraucanas, too. I'm going to be doing a hatch of W/BW this spring, too Lual, for blue eggs. I've got some Olive Eggers on order, too.

Slowly rebuilding my egg basket, one hatch at a time!

Yes, got my 12 chicks yesterday! They are cute but I can only keep a few. I'll have to downsize in a few weeks for sure.

Let me know when you're ready to rehome a couple... I might have somewhere for them to go.
wink.png

Are you keeping only pullets? Or both boys and girls?

Mine are all on the outside roosts tonight...good fresh air! I'm more worried about the mountain lion we heard an hour ago...
& I thought we had predators here... we've got a family of raccoons that live in the storm drain at the end of the block, but that's nothing compared to a mountain lion!!!
ep.gif

Beautiful chicks, Lual! I was lucky to get 2 Ameraucana pullets from Candy a couple of years ago. Love them! Sadly I missed the adorable cute fluffy cheek chick stage.

Let me know when you're ready to rehome a couple... I might have somewhere for them to go.
wink.png

Are you keeping only pullets? Or both boys and girls?
I can only keep pullets & will most likely be keeping only 3. I have a friend who may want 2 or 3 but you are welcome to some also! Did you want any boys? I have 3 that are for sure boys already, 2 black & 1 blue.

If the long tail rule is true, I have 5 with long tails & 6 with short tails. :)

& I thought we had predators here... we've got a family of raccoons that live in the storm drain at the end of the block, but that's nothing compared to a mountain lion!!! :eek:

It's freaking me out, I have to admit. Normally I take the dog for a late-night walk back in the vineyard, but now feel too chicken to do that! Racoons are a more consistant predator, though. And such smart stinkers! At least my dog chases all those away, but at (only) 65 lbs, he is probably lion bait more than anything! Next dog I'm getting should be huge, so it can help my current one with coyote patrol and now lion patrol? Hopefully this lion concern is temporary. You've been here so you know I'm only two miles from town on a busy wine-tasting road!! No place for a big cat to live safely!! :lol:

& I thought we had predators here... we've got a family of raccoons that live in the storm drain at the end of the block, but that's nothing compared to a mountain lion!!! :eek:

It's freaking me out, I have to admit. Normally I take the dog for a late-night walk back in the vineyard, but now feel too chicken to do that! Racoons are a more consistant predator, though. And such smart stinkers! At least my dog chases all those away, but at (only) 65 lbs, he is probably lion bait more than anything! Next dog I'm getting should be huge, so it can help my current one with coyote patrol and now lion patrol? Hopefully this lion concern is temporary. You've been here so you know I'm only two miles from town on a busy wine-tasting road!! No place for a big cat to live safely!! :lol:

How scary and worrisome to have Mountain Lions passing through. I have two different friends who live in Sonoma county, and they are both at the time of year where the M.Lions are passing through. Every year they are on alert at this time of the year, and lock the animals up. They are on their spring migration. I think within couple of weeks, your Lion will move on.

Please be careful for yourself as well. We are on the outskirts of the city, where there are quite e few houses in our area, and very close tomPetaluma Hill Rd., but for the last 3 yrs., had Bobcat and Fox attacks. Two of the Fox were living on our back property, and at times lounging on the roof of the aviary. All the attacks took place early afternoon hours. The strange part is that; we lived here for 28 yrs. and never had predator problems up until 3 years ago.

Last summer, the Bobcat killed my dog who was sleeping on the back patio, couple of feet away from the sliding door. I am still terribly sad over the untimely death of my animals.
I am really missing my Great Pyreneese, and I think is time to start looking for a new puppy.

Lual

Beautiful chicks, Lual! I was lucky to get 2 Ameraucana pullets from Candy a couple of years ago. Love them! Sadly I missed the adorable cute fluffy cheek chick stage.
Thank you, Lynda! Both of your girls are so beautiful! We are now related
1f60a.png
. They are just unbelivably cute as chicks, and equally ohhh so sweet, and gorgeous as adults. The ones I got from Candy last year are now adults, and they are sweet like yours. Today, they had their first watermelon. Usually, my chicks get scared when they see it for the first time, but not the Ameraucanas. They start eating it right away. Now they have sticky, pink watermelon faces with happy grins.. Lual

[COLOR=333333]It is unfair to be this cute and adorable :love [/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333]I wanted to share some photos of my chicks who were bred, and hatched by "chickee".  It is always a deep pleasure to purchase chicks from chickee/Candy, who is a very lovely Lady. As before, I am simply in awe of how beautiful and healthy these babies are. Well, needless to say, I took off 2 days from my work to be able to just sit there and watch them in awe. They are Wmargin:0px 1px 1px 0px;padding:1px;width:350px;height:312px;">
[/URL][/COLOR]

Oh how I miss those fluffy little faces! I can't wait for my first chicks to hatch!

I'm also missing my Ameraucanas, too. I'm going to be doing a hatch of W/BW this spring, too Lual, for blue eggs. I've got some Olive Eggers on order, too.

Slowly rebuilding my egg basket, one hatch at a time! 

Jeremy, when are your chicks due? I hope you take photos. Orp chicks are always so fluffy and cute, and am guessing the bantam versions will be even more adorable.

I am glad you will have AMs again. How nice that you will get W&BW as well. They are my favorite colors, and look so elegant as adults.

I think you had Marans too? I bought eggs from Dawn which gave me gorgeous chicks. Her egg photos looked good, but, doesn't do justice how much better they are in person.
Now the chicks are 3 weeks old and the feathers which are pinning are so pretty.

Will you be getting Marans for you egg basket
1f60a.png

Lual

I have a request from a Turlock Garden Club lady. She need a female Bronze Turkey. She is getting a grown male or 2 & need a mate. Does anyone coming to the party know of one that is available for sale?? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom