Bay Area BYCers!

My bantam Mauve Orpingon went broody & hatched 3 chicks!
jumpy.gif

Blue split to Chocolate cockerel on the left, Chocolate pullet on the right.

Splash- don't know whether this is a male or female yet. If a boy, he'll be Splash split to Chocolate, if a girl she will be Mauve (Chocolate & Blue), with 2 copies of the Blue gene.

Always right next to momma, who wouldn't hold still for the camera.
roll.png

They're plotting something...
lol.png

Chubby lil' Blue & Chocolate chicks.

& we have Western Swallowtail caterpillars this year!
I put 3 Bronze Fennel plants in the garden to attract them, & it worked!
big_smile.png

& we have Western Swallowtail caterpillars this year!
I put 3 Bronze Fennel plants in the garden to attract them, & it worked!
big_smile.png

Very nice! I found a caterpillar in my yard a month or so ago and it was about to make a chrysalis. I didn't want my hens to find it and mame/kill/eat it so i brought it inside and put it in a container. Sure enough, it found a nice stick in its safe enclosure and made a chrysalis. I looked it up and its a pipevine swallowtail. Very cool looking caterpillar. Here is a pic. it looks similar to your pic. Also, its Giants colors! gotta love that.

I've got a mille fleur duccle rooster that i need to rehome. He's about four months old and is just starting to crow. I need to rehome him asap as i don't want the neighbors to get irritated :/

He's currently in a mixed flock and he gets along wonderfully with everyone, even me!

I'm in SF so i figured I'd list him on here and see if anyone in the bay area might be interested in an adorable little roo.

you dont see sexed older chickens very often. I have one ( an oe with no blue gene) that i would be willing to part with, then I have juvies in some breeds too, but not sure on sexes.

you dont see sexed older chickens very often. I have one  ( an oe with no blue gene) that i would be willing to part with, then I have juvies in some breeds too, but not sure on sexes.

Thanks for responding! I currently have a few sick chickens that I need to get better before I get anymore.

Back
Top Bottom