Bay Area BYCers!

Hi! We have 5 Breda chicks to give away- the breeder kindly shipped us far more than we can keep! They're lovely babies of all colors- black, blue, cuckoo, white and mottled.

We're in San Francisco.

Hi! We have 5 Breda chicks to give away- the breeder kindly shipped us far more than we can keep! They're lovely babies of all colors- black, blue, cuckoo, white and mottled.

We're in San Francisco.

Hi @eyralis ! How old are the chicks? I have a broody that just won't give up, and I might be able to introduce them to her if they are not too old?

Hello all!
I am located in Oakland, CA and looking for someone who might have some incubator space and experience with hatching. I am looking at getting a dozen buff polish (50/50 smooth and frizzle) and have never hatched before, so want to find someone experienced who might be able to help out! Please let me know :) Thank you!!

do you happen to have space in your incubator soon to hatch some eggs for me? I can pay for the space of course! I am looking at getting some hatching eggs but don't have any hatching experience. I am located in Oakland.

Thank you!
Alex

Hello!

I'm new to this whole chicken thing but I've been feeling a little frustrated. Aren't we supposed to have EVERYTHING here in the Bay Area? I cannot, for the life of me, find access to relatively inexpensive organic whole grains (specifically wheat and corn). In reading posts, I see lucky people who are able to get 50 pound bags for $10 from their "local mill/farmer/friend with a farm." On Amazon, the cheapest 50 pound bag of organic wheat or corn is around $60.

What am I missing??? :confused:

Hello!

I'm new to this whole chicken thing but I've been feeling a little frustrated. Aren't we supposed to have EVERYTHING here in the Bay Area? I cannot, for the life of me, find access to relatively inexpensive organic whole grains (specifically wheat and corn). In reading posts, I see lucky people who are able to get 50 pound bags for $10 from their "local mill/farmer/friend with a farm." On Amazon, the cheapest 50 pound bag of organic wheat or corn is around $60.

Welcome to BYC! What feed stores have you tried?

Hello!

Ha! Yes, well EVERYTHING is way more expensive here....
You could check out Azure Standard, see if you are happier with those prices and check if there is a local drop (it is a coop and you can order once a month, normally, and then have to be at the drop off spot at a given time to receive your order straight from the truck). I have tried Azure, but either we don't have enough orders to meet the minimum requirement for a delivery or I can't make the drop.
Where are you in the Bay Area?

Back
Top Bottom