Bay Area BYCers!

Quote:
"picked up" ...where??? Sounded to me like you went to the "egg store"! Now there is an idea...shop your local fertilized egg store! No egg over 10 days old! Don't miss the blue light special on aisle 11 featuring Welsummers and RIRs! Lay-away plan [sic] available...

Oh, boy! I'll make a million!
cool.png

I picked them up in Sac from another BYCer

I got my Penes and Bantam wellies from her as chicks during the summer and got eggs this time.

I'll set them tomorrow after I get back from the auction. That is if I go. Need to get myself to bed soon. 6 am always comes to early for me. I've always been a night person. Hard to drag me and Makayla out in the mornings to get Dakotah to school. That was always my husbands job. To and from school gave them time to talk every day. Hard for me to sleep and by morning I'm just not functioning. Thing is, if I go to bed early, I sleep late and he'd never get to school.

Quote:
If you ever breed her to an ameraucana roo that comes from a really pretty blue egg I'd love some of the chicks (or eggs)! All of my ameraucanas lay a blue egg with a hint of minty green or they are very light blue with a med sized egg. What size egg does your white am hen lay?

Anna Raven I finally got my bator warm enough and holding it's heat really well! Eggs are cooking as we speak! I have pure am eggs in there and EExblack ameraucana eggs too. I will save a few and hopefully get at least one pullet from those.
smile.png

Congrats Kim!!!
ya.gif

Woohoo on the bator. Good luck on getting pullets!

fl.gif

Quote:
If you ever breed her to an ameraucana roo that comes from a really pretty blue egg I'd love some of the chicks (or eggs)! All of my ameraucanas lay a blue egg with a hint of minty green or they are very light blue with a med sized egg. What size egg does your white am hen lay?

Anna Raven I finally got my bator warm enough and holding it's heat really well! Eggs are cooking as we speak! I have pure am eggs in there and EExblack ameraucana eggs too. I will save a few and hopefully get at least one pullet from those.
smile.png

Congrats Kim!!!
ya.gif

she started laying at the end of last year and they were small-medium. she hasn't started up again yet this year. I'll keep an eye out for them. I can't breed another pair though, no room

Quote:
The same EBAY seller you got yours from.

That's right, Cheryl. I remember you asked me when I first bought them--same gal in TX. How many did you buy, and how many days until yours hatch? I bought 6, she sent ten, my hens fighting over the nest took two, and my clumsy cochin whacked one. So, she hatched 5/7 in the end...

I have 18 eggs in there - today is day 11 and hatch day if feb 17

Quote:

smile.png

Congrats Kim!!!
ya.gif

she started laying at the end of last year and they were small-medium. she hasn't started up again yet this year. I'll keep an eye out for them. I can't breed another pair though, no room

My golden EE finally started laying again after 8 weeks off due to molting, and the eggs are about 1/5 bigger than before the molt! Who knew???
smile.png

Quote:
From mediazeal?

Yes

This is the first time I've pick eggs up from her, but right after my husband died I went out and got Bantam Wellies and Penes from her.

Kristi is a sweetheart!

Back
Top Bottom