Bay Area BYCers!

Quote:
I have some of those solar powered landscaping lights. I wonder if I could find a way to use those. I'm sure they would understand if there was a light on. Good idea!
smile.png

Quote:
Beautiful shots Dawn! I'm a pictureholic, too. I love seeing images of other folks set ups and their birds.
big_smile.png

I didn't know you still had your Icelandic cockerel, he's really grown- is he still being a butthead? Isn't it always the handsome ones who have an attitude though?
cool.png

Your Wheaten girls are lovely, mine have gotten so big it's becoming more and more difficult to tell them apart from my older Smith pullets.

Quote:
Jeremy, you will get more bang for your buck out of this plant than regular Irises. More bloom, less care. Don't get me wrong, I love bearded Iris but they need to be very shallowly (it that even a word?) planted & if dirt get moved on top of the rhizome they won't bloom well & even when they do although they are gorgeous they don't bloom as long or often.

Karen, everything I've read online says it's pretty much maintenance free once established AND it is an Iris, not a Lily despite it's common name. Looks like I'll be ordering a few for the fenceline after all.
smile.png

Quote:
Losing chickens to a raccoon can leave you a little on the worried side for sure! It sounds like you've shored up the tractor nice and solid, though. I'm sure things will be fine now. But relax a little... too much worry gives ya worry lines and high blood pressure! Keep us posted, sweetie, and I look forward to seeing pics of your barnies as they grow. Hugs and miss ya! Coming to the get-together at the fair again this year?? Hope so!

Quote:
Losing chickens to a raccoon can leave you a little on the worried side for sure! It sounds like you've shored up the tractor nice and solid, though. I'm sure things will be fine now. But relax a little... too much worry gives ya worry lines and high blood pressure! Keep us posted, sweetie, and I look forward to seeing pics of your barnies as they grow. Hugs and miss ya! Coming to the get-together at the fair again this year?? Hope so!

Hope so, too! I know you posted awhile back about it, but what are the dates again?

The Barnies will be on their own tonight. I'll be out of town. Hope that collectively they have at least one good brain and can figure out how to go to bed.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Hey steff, after my attacks 2 weeks ago, I got these http://www.niteguard.com and put two around the coop area. I can't say that they are working or not since I've been keeping the girls inside the runs until I move back home today! Then my dogs will scare anything off that's in the yard in the early morning hours.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom