Bay Area BYCers!

I worked out the details today with Kat (peachick) for the eggs that I won at the Chickenstock. The photos below all belong to Kathleen LaDue of www.signaturefeathers.com

For my free eggs I'll be getting a dozen W/BW Ameraucana eggs.

5565708241_bbf5e279ce.jpg

6224213493_aca8903e5a_z.jpg

I'm also buying a dozen BBS LF Sumatra eggs that will hopefully produce some beautiful pullets that I can breed to my Platinum boy.

4712046259_b9162f656e.jpg

2130287709_379155d0f1.jpg

Thank you SO MUCH for calling out my number for this prize Cheryl.
smile.png

Karen told me it wasn't she who found that cute pair of "cochins" from Marshall's ... so, whoever found them, thanks for letting us know where we might find more.

Steph, I found the 2009 Bay Area BYC Meet Up photos @ Walnut Creek ... are some of those who attended still chicken people ? Didn't seem to see too many familiar faces. But, you and Rob did a terrific job organizing that 2009 event.

I forgot to thank Rob for all the bumper stickers and BYC badges we all were wearing, so, "Thanks, Rob !"

I found the recipe to those great parmesan-thyme crisps
love.gif
that Judy made

woot.gif
If anyone comes across interesting chicken stuff/decor, maybe we could share the info here? You never can tell what's out there locally!

And Jeremy, thanks for the appreciation recognition and goodie bags - a real surprise.
yippiechickie.gif

I hope you like the treats Daphne, I filled the bags with things that I like and use hoping everyone would be happy with something.
smile.png

Quote:
Daphne,
I'm sure those who attended that 2009 Chickenstock are still chicken people. But, like myself, at some point, most of the newbie chicken questions get answered. The chickens become easier and easier, and the need to spend less time on the computer and more time in real life pulls us away from here. They probably haven't checked in here in awhile.

I was also involved in organizing a 2010 Chickenstock with Kelsey and Sunny that originally was for the Bay Area, but expanded to include the North Bay and further. That event was held in Kelseyville. Many of those peeps would be involved in a Chickenstock if it weren't so far away from them, much as many of the Bay Area peeps only wanted to attend if the location was near to them.

It is a lot of work to organize a Chickenstock. Huge
bow.gif
and
hugs.gif
to Jeremy and Cheryl, and everyone else (I know there are a bunch of you!) who pooled their energies to make this one come together.

Last edited:
Who do you guys use in the Bay Are for a chicken vet? I've been going to Dr. Otten at All Creatures and he is great. However, we have one chicken who was attacked by a raccoon and seriously injured her leg. We've been working really hard to save it but we may have to decide whether to amputate or put her down. Dr. Otten, who is extremely experienced with birds, says he has never amputated a chicken's leg and would be reluctant to do it. So would we be but I'd love to talk to a vet that has had experience in this exact area. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom